KPL help needed

EricK

I just installed a 6 button DB KPL in the playroom/sitting room.  I have buttons (C and D) for turning the TV on/off and on for play/pause of my WDTV live hub using Network resources.

The main on/off buttons are set as controllers of the main lights. The A button is set as a controller of a Dim 20% scene.  If the lights are off and I press Dim, the scene works fine.  However, if I then press the off button, the Dim Button remains lit, normal behavior.  I cannot make the Dim button a responder of the main lights scene, since I would only want this on if the lights are 20%.

So I made a monitoring program:

If
        Status  'Sitting Room / Sitting KPL (DB) Lights' is not 20%

Then
        Set Scene 'Sitting Room / Sitting Room Dim KPL' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The ISY is showing the correct status as off, but the KPL remains lit.  If I run then the KPL turns off.  I think there is a comm issue since I just installed some phillips dimmable BR30 leds, which incidentally work well.  The second switch in the 3 way was a single band device and comms with that were sketchy.  There is an AP plugged in 1.5 feet from the KPL.  I swapped the DB switch that was the load controller to the "slave" spot.

Is there a way to make dim button only respond to the off and turn offusing a scene.

Maybe I will just make the Dim button not toggle off and have on off trigger the Dim scene with a program.

Thanks,

Status only works if that button or a scene that contains that button is activated. Status is not a 24/7 monitor (as I thought it was).

How about if the trigger is the KPL  Off button?

Make the dim button a responder to the scene with the main on/off buttons but set the on level for the dim button to 0. This way if you turn on or off the main scene, the dim button will be turned off. No program necessary.

-Xathros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stu,

I think my program should have worked since the ISY showed the correct KPL status, just that the KPL LED did not turn off.

Mike,

I had tried this program, same issue, the KPL stayed on.

If
        Status  'Sitting Room / Sitting KPL (DB) Lights' is not 20%
     Or Control 'Sitting Room / Sitting KPL (DB) Lights' is switched On

Then
        Set Scene 'Sitting Room / Sitting Room Dim KPL' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Xathros,

That was really what I was looking for.  The problem was that if the dim level was changed with the On button, then the Dim KPL would still be on.

I tried to set the button to non-toggle off, but the setting did not take.  I reset the device, changed the button to non-toggle off.  I may play around with it some more to see if I can get the button to only be on if the lights are on 20%.  I have some other scene buttons set up like that.  Maybe with the reset it will behave, or maybe the new LEDs are interfering.

Thanks,

Eric

I tend to agree that your first program should work, assuming that I understand your requirements.  I suspect issues other than the program are in play here.  What happens when you choose the program>>run then?  Does the keypad turn off?  When the main KPL is off, what is the status of the program?  Is it TRUE?

Stu,

I think my program should have worked since the ISY showed the correct KPL status, just that the KPL LED did not turn off.

If

Status 'Sitting Room / Sitting KPL (DB) Lights' is not 20%

won't work because there's no trigger.

I was thinking of something simple, such as:

If KPL main button is switched off, then turn off (scene that includes) Dim button

I have a few other monitoring programs, cannot post the code right now. One is for a party scene in the dining room. I believe I have the party button as a non toggle on, so anytime you press it you get the party scene. If one of the lights in the scene is altered from the party scene levels then the party scene button is turned off by a program.

Ex: If status ceiling lights is not 100%

Then set scene party Kpl button off.

I was able to get the sitting room Dim Kpl button to turn off by running the then. The issue was that the isy showed proper behavior, just that the Kpl button would not turn off even when the isy status showed off. This mismatch probably indicates a comm issue.

I am going to leave the button as a non toggle off for now and may play more this weekend. With the factory reset maybe things will work better. By the way, I think the Led bulbs are Cree, not Phillips which I had installed in my sons room.

Archived