Using ISY 994i and Garage Door Controller at 220V/50Hz

mrbudin

Dear Friends,

Many thanks to all users on this forum, i've got many helps from you.

Since i am running electricity at 220V/50Hz, i am unable to use I/O Linc Garage Door Control Status Kit of Insteon because it runs at 120V/60 Hz only.

I would like to ask if there's any other Garage Door Controller that allows me to integrate with ISY 994i for Insteon Technology or Z-Wave, please let me know.

In my case, should i chose ISY 994i/IR Pro or ISY 994i/IR Z-Wave?

I look forward to hearing your advice?

Regards,

The ISY994i needs a 2413S Serial PLM to interface to the power lines. Since it is a Dual Band, also to send and receive Insteon RF signals.

At the present time the PLM is also strictly 120V/60Hz.

Some users have used a 220 volt to 120 volt converter with little success. Because the PLM still needed 60Hz for timing.

UDI is working on their own model PLM. They say will be available in overseas versions along with the ones for the US.

Tip. Different areas of the world use different ZWave RF frequencies. So you would have to use devices all made for the same part of the world.

http://z-wave.sigmadesigns.com/docs/Z-Wave_Frequency_Coverage.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brian,

I've made it work illegally, and i am asking about Z-Wave frequency.

I want to use some Z-Wave door lock or Z-Wave Garage door controller. Therefore, I plan to upgrade Z-Wave assemble kit but i don't know whether Z-Wave can work in my country or not.

I don't believe the ZWave kit is sold for other areas of the world.

So you would probably have to use ZWave devices using the frequency used here in the US.

Though that frequency used here, could interfere with your countries communications and get you a visit from your countries authorities.

Archived