2663-222 Dual Band Outlet

Brian H

Well, it looks like another feature request can be scratched off the list! I know this particular feature was requested by a few people to help isolate if it was power line vs RF being poor.

Way to go Smartlabs . . .

If all future Insteon products have this ability that will be a real bonus for many.

That feature is built into the newest firmware for new devices

That feature is built into the newest firmware for new devices

This will be applied to all future dual band devices?

Or new firmware will be applied to all existing products?

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

This will be written in the newest firmware as products get updated. The 2635 can do this and the 2457d2 should also have it. I haven't needed a lamplinc to know if it made it to the last update

I am sure this will be of great interest for others so I will list out what the model number are that have all the above features: 2663-222 (Dual Relay Outlet), 2635-222 (On / Off Relay Module), and possibly 2457D2 (Lamp Linc).

There was mention from another member who indicated the KPL relay also had these features. It would be great if someone could confirm or post up what settings can be selected in the ISY.

Smarthops: Based on the above description much thanks to (richaree). Is the smarthop something that is dynamic in nature? Meaning if COM's are good today it automatically drops the amount of hops. But, say tomorrow I plug in some noise maker / signal sucker which requires the maximum 3 hops.

Will the system self adjust each and every time to compensate for the changing environment? If this is the case I have to say Smartlabs has made some great strides in the Insteon infrastructure. 

• 1 year later...

I am sure this will be of great interest for others so I will list out what the model number are that have all the above features: 2663-222 (Dual Relay Outlet), 2635-222 (On / Off Relay Module), and possibly 2457D2 (Lamp Linc).

There was mention from another member who indicated the KPL relay also had these features. It would be great if someone could confirm or post up what settings can be selected in the ISY.

Smarthops: Based on the above description much thanks to (richaree). Is the smarthop something that is dynamic in nature? Meaning if COM's are good today it automatically drops the amount of hops. But, say tomorrow I plug in some noise maker / signal sucker which requires the maximum 3 hops.

Will the system self adjust each and every time to compensate for the changing environment? If this is the case I have to say Smartlabs has made some great strides in the Insteon infrastructure. 

You may want to wait before purchasing the OutletLinc, depending on what you are planning to connect to it.  OFF does not mean OFF.  I understand that this is due to load sensing, so that even when the outlet is switched off there is still 6 VAC.  However, even with everything switched off except RF in the options, I still see 6 VAC at the outlet.

Yes it is the sensing voltage. If you are measuring the outlet with a high impedance meter and NO load on the outlet. You will see the voltage as the meter can not load it down. With a load on it. The voltage should be almost zero.

That is also why. Very light loads like LED Christmas Light strings will glow dimly when off.

Archived