can not reset PLM from isy

kevinm

I am having a communication problem between my ISY and PLM. When i first installed my 3 dual band switches, ISY and PLM, everything worked perfectly for about 2 months. Then all my lights became stuck in the "on" condition. Could not do a reset of the PLM. Smarthome replaced the PLM. Everything worked for about 2-3 months, lights would not come on when programmed. The only communication between ISY and PLM is a status of connected but no links in table. Any ideas???

from ISY admin console, Tools - Diagnostics - PLM status shows "connected". Option to show PLM links table is empty. When i have tried to Reset the PLM from the ISY, communication seems to be blocked. I get a status window showing System Busy, after about 80% complete the error message "SSL request not authenticated" and "failed resetting the PLM".

What function are you invoking to Reset the PLM?

When a PLM starts losing its link database it indicates the PLM is near end of life. The File | Restore Modem (PLM) will rebuild the PLM link database but since it has been lost twice, time to think about replacing PLM.

Current PLM is only two months old. My first one was only 2 - 3 months old. Initial install date for everything was this year, 2014. My first reset attempt was through the "File | Restore Modem (PLM)". Resulted in the "failed resetting PLM" message. I also tried to reset the PLM by unplugging PLM and ISY, waiting one minute, holding down reset on PLM while plugging it in, once green light is on, plugged in ISY. File | Restore Modem (PLM). Same result. Have tried File | Restore ISY to last good backup also. Could i have gotten two PLM's back to back that go bad after only two months? Is there a possibility that the ISY gets corrupted? Is it possible to reset the ISY to factory and start over with everything?

How far is the PLM from the ISY? How long is the cable between ISY and PLM?

It is not likely that two PLMs have failed so quickly. More inclined to consider a cable/connection problem between ISY and PLM. Is this an 994i and what level ISY firmware is being used?

They are connected with a 7' cable. Firmware is v.4.0.5  ISY 994i/ir pro

Replaced cable, rebooted. PLM status is connected. Restored last good backup of ISY. Ran "File | Restore Modem (PLM)", received error "could not open config file to read" [/CONF/INSTENG.OPT] and Failed resetting PLM [-200000/-30]

• 2 weeks later...

I had a 2413S PLM fail after 26 months (right on schedule).

Just got my replacement today from a new batch that just arrived.

Rev 2.0

V9E

build date 1425

Not sure what the changes or enhancements are in this new release but at least I'm up and running again.

Archived