2245-222 HUB II

Brian H

I still use a 16 button HR12A Palm Pad to turn individual Insteon Modules On and Off with an X10 address in them.

Yes the ISY994i does not know I changed it but I can live with that,

I have many extra older hardware Insteon devices. So loss of X10 is not an immediate problem for me.

I still use a 16 button HR12A Palm Pad to turn individual Insteon Modules On and Off with an X10 address in them.

Yes the ISY994i does not know I changed it but I can live with that,

I have many extra older hardware Insteon devices. So loss of X10 is not an immediate problem for me.

I had some problems with that also using X10 MSes with Insteon LampLincs, directly linked via X10, but I could not detect the X10 signals in ISY. My biggest problem was a bedroom down the powerline about 100 feet of conductor. Insteon ricocheted well enough but LampLincs also don't send out their status to ISY when changed via X10 directly.  X10 was very unreliable leaving the light on at times.

If I didn't have a JV Engineering XTB-IIR X10 repeater coupler. I may have been in the same situation.

It respects Insteon power line messages and sends over a ten volt X10 signal back on the power lines.

I also have one of their XTBM signal meters and the lowest X10 signal in the house is 1.25 volts.

Brian do you actually use the transmitter part of it, or just the repeating ability?

Any support for the wireless motion sensors etc in their products?  I still have a number of them and it would be nice to put a few more up.  do you find the x10 clashes with the insteon in any way on your network?

I am only using the repeater function. To take X10 messages on one phase and send them back on the other phase. It may also resend at full power back on the phase it received it on.

I don't have any X10 controllers connected to the AC outlet on the front or TW523 interface jack.

I don't believe there are any X10 RF receivers in their product line.

I know the new X10 company is working on a networked interface {delays with the overseas manufacturers quality}  and they have a new design X10RF repeater available. It has been reported to be a big improvement over the old X10WTI model.

I don't remember seeing anything about an upcoming X10 interface.

Active Home Pro is alive for the CM15A.

There are many threads on using the free Active Home Pro from Europe and changing to the USA Modules file.

Tuicemen has also written a program to install Active Home Pro though unregistered at the present time.

He is close to getting Active Home Pro to install with full plug in registration on a new computer without using the defunct X10WTI servers that are gone.

The X10 forums have some AHP installation threads as does Tuicemens Forums.

http://tuicemen.com/forum/

http://forums.x10.com/index.php

The HUB is available on the Smarthome web site. Introductory price of $39.99. Limit of one at this price and while supplies last.

Though I have no real need for one. As I am an ISY994i user. I did order one anyway. :mrgreen:

I may see if I can convince Houselinc to use it.

http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-2245-222-hub.html

Now you have attention Brian H!

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

The HUB II Catalog and Subcatalog numbers are in the HouseLinc devices.xml file.

So my thoughts are the HUB II firmware was written to NOT support it.

Not too surprised as they also have not done anything to the devices.xml file to support their own new modules and have discontinued it from what I have read.

The HUB II Catalog and Subcatalog numbers are in the HouseLinc devices.xml file.

So my thoughts are the HUB II firmware was written to NOT support it.

Not too surprised as they also have not done anything to the devices.xml file to support their own new modules and have discontinued it from what I have read.

Yeah, HL is end of life now. I am rather shocked this information has not been published in some kind of announcement or WiKi reference page.

This would at least state that as fact for those inquiring or considering adding new devices and wondering what the hell is going on with troubles they see doing so.

Do you intend to modify the XML code in HL as suggested by JDALE? I believe if the firmware has been modified in the HUB II this will be extremely hard to accomplish moving forward.

Encrypted By: Phoenix Security Solutions

The mod Jdale gave. Was for a brand new revision module that was not in devices.xml. Unless the Catalog ID and Subcatalog ID is not what is posted on the sales sheet and Users Manual. They are in the present devices.xlm already.

My bet is also on the firmware not allowing it. For reasons only the Smartlabs Engineers and maybe some bean counters know.

• 3 months later...

Smartlabs has made some changes to the HUB II.

It is documented in the FCC web site.

Seems they repositioned the internal antennas and had it retested.

The changes are in a updated FCC file. Including the later internal photos.

http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

Grantee SBP

Product Code 22452

Both the original and the few updated files will be found in the search.

22452ch1.pdf

Ha, ha, ha. The new position guarantees that the RF range will be--at best--equal or worse. They also misspelled lesser.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I don't for see them selling too many of those units at the inflated $99.99 price point.

At the $39.99 price point for what it was capable of doing was barely OK.

It looks like who ever is in charge of their insane pricing has come back to work.

The custom key pricing has still been listed at something really stupid of $49.99 opposed to the more reasonable $19.99 which really was still too high but manageable for many!

I have to assume the HUB Pro is fast approaching release at this point in time. I am eager to see and read the reviews and what functions are present and available to the end user.

I really hope Smartlabs / Smarthome have learned a few things since this will be their 5/6 release of a controller.

If they release another box that can't adjust its local time besides LA, doomed.

Has no ability to add off set to sunrise / sunset, doomed.

Has no basic conditional logic, doomed.

Does not support all hardware via their smartphone Apps, doomed.

Has no ability to sync it's time to stay accurate, doomed.

What I want to know and see is what the USB port is used for? I am guessing the possible ability to plug in a hard drive for remote storage / media retrieval?

The one thing I have to acknowledge is who ever is in charge of their UI presentation deserves a pat on the back and raise. Very clean, usable, and pleasing to the eye.

Very Apple like and should be something the ISY Series Controller should offer natively.

My hopes are once the dust settles and the international PLM is available for purchase. The uptick in sales and increased revenue will allow UDI to contract out a good UI developer to complete the final puzzle of their controller Eco system.

After doing more than 300 plus installs and 90% of them use the ISY Series Controller every one of the clients are quite taken aback regarding the lack of native smartphone App and updated UI.

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

I think we will have woody more about the Hub Pro coming out and Smart home discontinuing the PLM. We may be in trouble then.

I don't believe so since UDI is making a PLM. I rather see my future money go to a small company that knows how to communicate and engage their customer base.

The more revenue UDI makes translates to more resources and man power in the future.

Once 5.XX and Z-Wave is more developed I see more time in adding those fringe features and abilities that I and others want to see gain traction on.

Specifically energy management and more options along with UI updates in this field. I know lots of people have asked about native IFTT and various other cloud hosted connections.

2015 is really going to be an amazing time for HA and those who use the ISY Series Controller.

I have also see references to a NEW HUB style. Serial Interface Power Line Modem.

I do find their pricing strange.

A Refurbished 2457D2R Lamplinc shows a $59.99 list with a $15 discount. $44.99 30 day warranty. When I bought some. They where $33.98.

Brand new one is $49.99 and a 2 year warranty.

Maybe they don't think we can do simple math. :shock:

I have also see references to a NEW HUB style. Serial Interface Power Line Modem.

I do find their pricing strange.

A Refurbished 2457D2R Lamplinc shows a $59.99 list with a $15 discount. $44.99 30 day warranty.

Brand new one is $49.99 and a 2 year warranty.

Maybe they don't think we can do simple math. :shock:

A few years back they had sales items that were literally $0.99 cheaper than the original price?

The last rounds of 4 pack sales also made no sense when compared to the X-MAS sales last year. Why would any sane person buy directly from you when costco sells the exact same 4 pack for less with free shipping included WTF?!?!?

I had received an email from Smarthome last week.  That the introductory price for the 2245-222 HUB-II was going to expire in five days.

This morning it is $79.99 with a list of $99.99.

Archived