Newbie help with Home Video & Audio Setup

DigitalGuard

Hi Guys,

I'm just starting to learn home automation, and I just purchased my device.  (Waiting for it to come). I have couple of questions which im not sure how it works and would like some recommendation. 

1. Video. - I would like to connect my tv system (Bose Lifestyle 48) to the isy994i but not sure how it works. Can i use my iphone app as remote or do i have to buy a separate remote. What do you guys recommend. Also how do I setup IR commands, for example change channel on TV, Volume UP, TV Input.. is this pre-programmed by each mfg device i select or each command I have to manually find codes for? Please explain in details if possible

2. Audio - If I want to setup 4 zone 4 source whole home, what do you guys recommend that will work ISY994i. I want to have ipod and Airplay.

Thanks in advance for your help.

DigitalGuard

It can takes some effort but you can get network resources to control your av gear. I use a kpl button to toggle the TV power in the playroom and the isy to send a TV off command at night. Another button does play/pause for our wdtv live hub. I use a global cache itach flex wired. I am also a big fan of roomie remote which integrates extremely well with the isy. I started using it before they charged a subscription, but paid a lot for in app purchases. You can make custom remotes. You can have a button to turn on your gear and adjust the room lights. Roomie remote is ios only. There are other remote options.

Archived