Does Fast On/Off have to control the load?

416to305

Just wondering.  My setup is I have a KPL in the dining room and then a Switchlinc in the Kitchen with a timer on it (every up press on the SL keeps it on for an additional 20 minutes then turns it off).  To save walking all the way across the kitchen and dining room to get to the KPL switch, I thought I could use the Fast On and Fast Off of the SL to do this.  I wrote a program to turn the KPL load on with Fast On and KPL load off with Fast Off.  

This works as expected but it of course turns the kitchen light on or off with it.  So if I Fast Off, all the lights go off.  I wrote these 4 programs below to fix it which work for the most part.  If the kitchen light is already on and I Fast Off to turn off the KPL, both lights go off for a second then the kitchen goes back on.  I don't dim that light which is why the programs don't care if it was only on at 50% etc.  Just wondering if there is a better way to make this more efficient or do this?  Thanks!

Fast On 1

If

Control 'Kitchen / Kitchen Light' is switched Fast On

And Status  'Kitchen / Kitchen Light' is not Off

Then

Set 'Dining Room / Dining Room Light' On

Fast On 2

If
        Control 'Kitchen / Kitchen Light' is switched Fast On
    And Status  'Kitchen / Kitchen Light' is Off

Then
        Set 'Dining Room / Dining Room Light' On
        Set 'Kitchen / Kitchen Light' Off

Fast Off 1

If
        Control 'Kitchen / Kitchen Light' is switched Fast Off
    And Status  'Kitchen / Kitchen Light' is not Off

Then
        Set 'Dining Room / Dining Room Light' Off
        Set 'Kitchen / Kitchen Light' On

Fast Off 2

If
        Control 'Kitchen / Kitchen Light' is switched Fast Off
    And Status  'Kitchen / Kitchen Light' is Off

Then
        Set 'Dining Room / Dining Room Light' Off

A Fast Off or even Off will turn the load off no matter how you program the device to turn on. Fast Off and Off are, in effect, hard wired to the load. That action cannot be bypassed. The same is true with Fast On, but not On. The difference is because there is only one Off but On can be anything from 0% to 100% if it's a dimmer and 0% or 100% if it's not.

Archived