ISY 26 Notifications not working!

keribi

Hi keribi,

We are all at a loss at this point. Would you be kind enough to try port 25 (instead of 587)?

With kind regards,

Michel

This issue is getting quite annoying! The only alerts I can get to function is the default. The NTP works fine, POP is enabled in my gmail account I even tried disabling my antivirus software. I can ping smtp.gmail.com with no problems. I am at a loss to figure this out?

No Luck with port any port setting in the ISY! I can telnet to smtp.gmail.com 465 or port 587 or 25 and connect just fine. So my isp is not blocking any ports. I tried disabling windows firewall, router firewall, still no good. Why does the default setting work?

keribi,

This is indeed getting to be quite strange. One last attempt:

Have you installed an SSL certificate? If not, please do so by going to

http://www.universal-devices.com/ssl/insteon

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

No Luck with port any port setting in the ISY! I can telnet to smtp.gmail.com 465 or port 587 or 25 and connect just fine. So my isp is not blocking any ports. I tried disabling windows firewall, router firewall, still no good. Why does the default setting work?

Hi keribi,

Thanks, I got it and I responded to you. Would you be kind enough to let me know if you still experience the same issues?

With kind regards,

Michel

I will send you the account info! I will send you the info to log into my ISY if that would help?

I really need the notifs to work and I know you do not want me using the default.

Thanks

keribi,

This is really really strange. The account information you had sent me did not have POP/SMTP enabled and thus it did not work. As soon as I enabled POP/SMTP on your gmail account, then everything worked fine.

So, in short:

1. I can send emails using your account

2. I can send emails using my account

3. You cannot send emails using any account

I have no choice but to conclude there's some network related issues. Perhaps you can send us your URL and we can try diagnosing it remotely. If you so choose to do so, please send it to support@universal-devices.com .

With kind regards,

Michel

Still not working here. I am not getting the "request failed" error but still no email going through!

Hello AnthemAVM,

I am not sure I understand your question as we already do have that option (when you enter your userid/password, ISY assumes you need authentication). The only issue we have is that TLS might not work with some of the ISPs and we do not have any plans to make it work with ALL ISPs as it will require installation of certificates in ISY (TLS).

With kind regards,

Michel

Michael,

In future firmwares, will you put an option for the notification to authenicate mail?

Archived