Running annual programs

schebb

Folks,

I would like to run certain programs annually, ie. christmas light switched receptacle operates every evening from December 15 to January 15. At the moment I have to program month/day/year. This requires changing the 'year' in the programming annually. Is there a provision for running a program from month/day to month/day with no year specified?

Thanks

Steve

Steve

There are two different add-on approaches that use variables, created by two very skilled ISY programmers to accomplish this:

1- A date variable program package that is installed in the ISY and provides date information your programs can use

2- This small .net program, ISYLink, that pushes date information into ISY variables. It requires a pc, windows server or raspberry pi on your network to run it.

I use the second option, however there are users of both that are very satisfied with how each work. There are advantages to both, take a look and see which appeals more to you.

Paul

The ISY is an amazing platform but I'm surprised there is still no way to create programs around dates.  It's a recurring request over the years and so useful for programming to handle Christmas, Sabbath, Summer and vacation schedules for example.  Yes I know there are 'workaround' programs to accomplish this but they are crazy complicated, prone to failure if the device loses power (I think), and way to much for the average person to have to digest.

I would humbly request that UDI consider adding this function to allow its users to create programs around months and days of the month rather than just days of the week.  And then as a side note, perhaps a way to disable a device or folder based on a program that checks date.  Why?  Does anyone have Christmas lights that need to turn on and off but the modules are only plugged in at Christmas?  I do.  :-)

Thanks

I believe some kind of calendar feature is being worked on in firmware 5.XX.

There is no timeline to its release but know it's on the road map for 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Teken
  • 2 weeks later...

Hallelujah!  Except 5.x seems a long way off from 4.2.   It seems like a basic need so I do hope it will be addressed.

I don't believe we will see very many more 4.x releases before we see a 5.X beta.  I  expect there will be a final 4.X in the next week or two then we are on to 5.X betas.  Lots of awesome stuff coming in the 5.X series: New variable types, the ability to get/set values to/from devices, two way network communications, multi channel ZWave, and the ability to link multiple ISYs are just some of the things we have been teased with over the last year.  2015 looks like it will be a great year for the ISY community.

-Xathros

Edited by Xathros