Scheduled Restart / Offline Alert

Midwest Studios

I know this topic has been brought up and the topic archived, but I'm hoping to revive it.

I'd like to see the possibility of scheduling an ISY reset/restart or atleast getting an email alert if the system goes down. Once every month or two, I have to power cycle the ISY. The devices become unresponsive, and as soon as it reboots, we're back in action.

I've installed the ISY along with 4 light switches and an outlet in our conference room. This setup is used in conjunction with Roomie Remote and run off an iPad to control the other AV equipment.

I suppose it's entirely possible that Roomie is causing it, though even the Administrative Console is not working at that point.

I try to double check the system in the morning if we have clients coming in, but if they start early or it goes out between the check and the meeting its a little embarrasing on our end (both senarios have happened).

Is it possible to get an email alert if it goes down? Or since the ISY isn't working, can that not happen?

Thanks for your help.

I have an IP Power strip similar to this one:

http://www.amazon.com/IP-Power-9258T-Network-Controller/dp/B005D55HKU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1423510640&sr=8-4&keywords=ip+power+switch

I can schedule weekly restarts from within the config page of this strip or can even manually recycle from an iPhone app.

Right now I have my modem, access point and the ISY connected to it.  I haven't schedule a restart for any of them although I may do my modem and access point on a weekly basis.

I don't think that you can get a notification when the ISY goes down since there may not be any power at all, but you could certainly send an email (or pushover notification) at startup to notify that The ISY came back up, this way, you would knoe if it's a scheduled restart or if your power went out.

Sounds like you're trying to cure the symptom and not the cause. What is the result if you power the ISY from s different circuit? What else is on the same circuit as the ISY?

Archived