Starting, Stopping, and Restarting a Program

Brignolo

I have a fairly lengthly program which fires off a series of events that last about 30 minutes when it's time to go upstairs for the night.

From the same or nearby control point I want to be able to start the program (which obviously I can do) but if I change my mind I would like to stop the program from the same switch by the program reading something like:

If the "program" is true

and KPL A is pressed

Then Stop the "program"

The trick is that I need the program to change its status to False so I can cause the program to run a few minutes later from KPL A.

Any suggestions??

Joe

Hi Joe,

Long time no see! A simpler solution would be to use click for Program On and Double click for Program Off. This way, you would be using the same switch and you would never have to guess whether or not the program is running.

With kind regards,

Michel

I have a fairly lengthly program which fires off a series of events that last about 30 minutes when it's time to go upstairs for the night.

From the same or nearby control point I want to be able to start the program (which obviously I can do) but if I change my mind I would like to stop the program from the same switch by the program reading something like:

If the "program" is true

and KPL A is pressed

Then Stop the "program"

The trick is that I need the program to change its status to False so I can cause the program to run a few minutes later from KPL A.

Any suggestions??

Joe

Archived