Lost comms to wireless switches

Temporarily move to another outlet until it displays a green LED.

If successful then open / close one of the battery operated devices close to the newly located appliance linc.

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

If successful then open / close one of the battery operated devices close to the newly located appliance linc.

Ok....but I am losing your reasoning here since I already have a dual band switch linc 2 feet from one of the  non working hidden door sensors that are responding from the tap test.

OK....done. By open/close do you mean function the sensor?

Another question. How come the appliance linc's are not responding to the tap test but they are on the same circuit as the PLM?

If it's on the same circuit it will be red. If you have successfully bridged the two sides of your electrical panel it will be green.

Find a outlet that shows a green than report back.

Again unplug those noise makers and report back.

Another question. How come the appliance linc's are not responding to the tap test but they are on the same circuit as the PLM?

devices only respond to the beacon test if they can hear the RF transmission from the test initiator. Does not matter if its on the same circuit if its out of RF range. Receiving devices blink red if on same phase and receiving and green if on opposite phase and receiving.

-Xathros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Auto DR is normally a darker blue than any scenes you create. If you create a folder, then the folder will be the same dark blue as the Auto DR scene. I noticed that you have outlets with lack of communication (!). Are they all on the same circuit? Can you communicate with them if you plug them in indoors on another circuit?

If it's on the same circuit it will be red. If you have successfully bridged the two sides of your electrical panel it will be green.

Find a outlet that shows a green than report back.

Again unplug those noise makers and report back.

I've tried every outlet i can find but none make the applian linc blink green....just solid green since its commanded on from its last sent command.

Auto DR is normally a darker blue than any scenes you create. If you create a folder, then the folder will be the same dark blue as the Auto DR scene. I noticed that you have outlets with lack of communication (!). Are they all on the same circuit? Can you communicate with them if you plug them in indoors on another circuit?

OK...

Ya those outside switch linc's are another mystery, I will plug one in inside and see if it will talk.

I've tried every outlet i can find but none make the applian linc blink green....just solid green since its commanded on from its last sent command.

did you restart the beacon test at the PLM after moving the module? The test times out after 4 minutes.

-Xathros

devices only respond to the beacon test if they can hear the RF transmission from the test initiator. Does not matter if its on the same circuit if its out of RF range. Receiving devices blink red if on same phase and receiving and green if on opposite phase and receiving.

-Xathros

Well I can assure you that the one remaining appliance linc is on the same circuit as the PLM but it is not blinking any color.......just steady green since its ON right now from the console powering a lamp in my office.

Also, found the issue with the outside switch lincs.....the GFI was tripped.

Well I can assure you that the one remaining appliance linc is on the same circuit as the PLM but it is not blinking any color

At risk of repeating teken's advice, it does not matter if the one remaining applicancelinc is on the same circuit.  Devices only respond if within RF range (or if not dual-band).

At risk of repeating teken's advice, it does not matter if the one remaining applicancelinc is on the same circuit.  Devices only respond if within RF range (or if not dual-band).

Ok just to clarify. I now have the blinking green/red led on the one remaining applian module left in my office. It only seemed to start responding once I reset the GFI mentioned earlier that was tripped on the outside of my house but it may have been just coincidence. Another thing....I'm not sure the moving module test is working since when I take it back to my office and plug it back in on a known outlet that is on the same circuit it still does not blink, just steady green. So to recap, that is one applian module blinking red/green and the one test module that i have been moving all over the house back plugged in on the same circuit as the PLM and the other applian module but no blinking, just steady green.

Ok just to clarify. I now have the blinking green/red led on the one remaining applian module left in my office. It only seemed to start responding once I reset the GFI mentioned earlier that was tripped on the outside of my house but it may have been just coincidence. Another thing....I'm not sure the moving module test is working since when I take it back to my office and plug it back in on a known outlet that is on the same circuit it still does not blink, just steady green. So to recap, that is one applian module blinking red/green and the one test module that i have been moving all over the house back plugged in on the same circuit as the PLM and the other applian module but no blinking, just steady green.

Just answered my own question......for some reason the RF was turned off on this module......go figure.

What is the model # of that appliance module?

-Xathros

Just answered my own question......for some reason the RF was turned off on this module......go figure.

Well, that will do it.  Now lets see if you can find a location where it blinks green.

-Xathros

Activate any battery device and report back.

Well I can see the applian module LED responding when i function the door sensor however I cannot see any status change at the console nor is my door logic working that turns on/off my porch light via a program and this sensor and swich linc. As mentioned earlier in this thread it dont seem as if my programs are working either. So I guess no change.

Archived