Scene is not turning off lights after the command is sent

I have a scene with 4 lights on it.

When I tell the scene to turn off, it shows in the panel the lights are off.

I can then query the status and they switch back to off.

My isy is sending the command, but nothing works.

I can go to each light and turn off and on without issues.

Per Lee's comment, what is plugged into the outletlincs? Specialty lighting like LEDs, CFLs? Or Low voltage lighting transformers?

When things turn on, but not back off, one possibility is that the load connected to the outletlincs is creating a lot of noise, so much so that the outletlinc can't "hear" the off command when its sent. The items I listed above are all on the suspect list.

I have had this exact experience with outletlincs and low voltage yard lighting transformers. Outletlincs seem more sensitive to load noise than most devices.

Paul

They basic lamps with CFL's

Worked fine for years with my Isy 26 and 94

Now with the 994 I have issues.

Hi, yes, I just saw your other post, noise is not it.

Could you go into the scene, pick one of the outletlincs and do a restore device, and rerun the test?

Paul

Some behavior did change when one device was manually restored. It looks like the ISY/PLM and Devices are out of sync.

I think these issues are related with the upgrade from the 99 to the 994. Can you describe how this was done?

Its possible that restore each of the devices might fix it, but it would be better to understand the upgrade process first.

Thanks

Paul

Backed up the ISY 99

Hooked up the new ISY 994

Restored the ISY.

That is all I did.

Not correct. Power on the PLM first, wait, then power on the ISY. Finally, restore.

The scenes were restored along with the devices. If either or both aren't functioning correctly, something is amiss. Although that may not be the cause, not powering on the devices in the correct order can definitely cause problems.

I have rebooted the entire system multiple times since the install.

So I should power down the ISY.

Power on/off/on the PLM

Then power the ISY back on?

What if I have a power outage? Then they would return at the same time.  Wouldn't this be an issue everyone has?

The PLM comes back quickly when power is applied to both so the PLM is ready by the time the ISY looks for it.  The issue is when the ISY is powered before the PLM when doing an upgrade.   The ISY would not find the PLM if the ISY is allowed to boot up before powering the PLM.

Was any restore done besides  restoring the ISY backup.  

Nothing else was required such as a Restore Modem (PLM) since the same PLM is being used.

• 1 year later...

Hey Edudenator--having same issue. Did you ever find a solution? Lights in a scene reliably turn on, but not off. Interestingly, I have the PLM plugged in to an outlet, but I have the ISY plugged into a battery backup so it doesn't always reboot with brief power interruptions. Wonder if that can mess things up as the PLM will shut down, but the ISY will stay on....

Hey Edudenator--having same issue. Did you ever find a solution? Lights in a scene reliably turn on, but not off. Interestingly, I have the PLM plugged in to an outlet, but I have the ISY plugged into a battery backup so it doesn't always reboot with brief power interruptions. Wonder if that can mess things up as the PLM will shut down, but the ISY will stay on....

Having the ISY plugged into a UPS shouldn't make a difference.

Run a scene test which will give you a level 3 display and will help narrow down the problem.  If the lights turn on but not off then one of your loads is most likely creating noise on the powerline.  What type of loads is the scene controlling? Any CFL's?

Archived