Scene is not turning off lights after the command is sent

I am now having the same issue.  More details:

1.The PLM operates individual devices without issue.

2. The PLM is not able to send scene commands out (ON, OFF, DIM, or BRIGHTEN) - they all fail.

3. The PLM fails at scene commands whether I try them manually in the Administrative Console, or automatically through timers/programs.  Program commands for individual devices work, but scene commands from programs fail.

3. If I have a KeypadLinc button as a Controller for the scene, it still functions (as far as turning On/Off or dimming), but the KPL button does not update the status of anything in the Administrative Console.  (Unless I manually requery in the console)

I still have a 99i, am about to replace it with the 994i.  (Will be careful to make sure 994i is fully powered up before attempting to link it to PLM. Will repost results of upgrade on this scene behavior.

Figured out what the issue is - hopes this helps original poster:

Problem arose when I replaced my old faulty PLM.  I forget exactly what I did, but the process screwed up all scenes.  You can tell if a scene is bad by checking it in the Admin Console: click on the scene in the left menu tree, and see if the the scene device listing on the right side has slider bars for the devices in the scene.  If not, the scene has been corrupted.

Only choices I can see are to restore from an earlier backup, or rebuild the scene.  (You can click on all devices in the scene listing on the left side (expand the scene plus icon if necessary), right click to remove the devices from the scene, and then re-enter them.  You have to reset all the levels and ramp times.)  In my case, I added a bunch of devices since the last backup, but have relatively few scenes, so it was easier to rebuild the scenes than to restore from backup and re-add all the new devices.

After rebuilding the scenes, they now function correctly (either manually triggered in admin console or via program).

Archived