ISY Admin - Inoperative on Chrome Browser

JoelW

• 2 months later...

I tried to load the admin console via my IP address as I always do in Chrome  (Win 10) and it told me Java was out of date.  So I updated Java and now I can't get into the admin console in MS Edge, Chrome, or Firefox.  I tried the various links documented in the stickjy post here but when I triy to load the jlnp in Chrome it comes up displaying an XML file and says "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

Firefox downloads the jlnp and asks what I want to open it with and lets me choose Chrome but not Firefox itself.

In MS Edge, going to http://isy/admin.jnlpresults in a "hmm.... we can't find this page" error.  In Chrome, it results in "page not found" error.  Firefox says "unable to connect".

Any ideas how I can get back into my ISY admin console again so I can make adjustments?

Thanks.

UPDATE:   I ended up uninstalling and re-installing Java on that PC (My other PC worked fine).  It still wanted to download the JLNP file rather than run it.  Finally I ended up right clicking on the JLNP file in Explorer and told it to open it with JAVAWS.EXE in the Java directory.  That ran the JLNP file and created the shortcut on the desktop which does launch the admin console properly now. 

Archived