Losing control of dimmer

Hi; I am starting to have some issues with controlling a keypad dimmer.  Everything has worked well in the past, but recently I find that one of my programs which activates a scene is failing to turn off the dimmer.  When I dug a bit deeper, I find that I can always control the dimmer from the keypad, and when I turn it on and off as a device in the admin console it works fine, but when I activate or deactivate a scene from the admin console, the other devices respond but this one keypad dimmer does not listen.  Admin console shows it as on, but it is not on.

Any suggestions as to why the ISY994i seems to be able to control other devices, but seems to be losing control of this one dimmer (when part of a scene)?

I have tried restoring all devices.  I recently upgraded to the latest firmware in the ISY994i, but had been having problems with this before the upgrade, and the upgrade did not improve the situation.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Mark

If the link records are correct per Techman suggestion, note that ISY Scenes invoked from Programs or the Admin Console are a single command that has no Responder ACKs (no retry) which is why the ISY assumes the KPL button turned On or Off with the Scene when the device did not respond. In summary there is a comm problem with the KPL assuming the link records are correct. Could be actual load the KPL is controlling (an LED or CFL that has gotten noisy) or some other load. Could also be a phase coupling issue. If the KPL is a Dual Band Device run the 4 tap Set button test from PLM to see if RF is reaching the KPL.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I ran the device link table and compare.  Not exactly sure what this is telling me, but there was one entry flagged as "record mismatch" (see attached screenshot.  I tried to save and attach the link table, but the upload failed.

Thanks

Mark

post-6463-0-43960300-1429502033_thumb.jpg

Would need the Show ISY Links Table display of that mismatch to be sure but that is not likely a problem. There are Hop Count bits used in that first byte where the EA is located that will cause the entry to be labeled a mismatch to the E2 the ISY is expecting. These bits are used by some of the latest I2CS devices to control hops used. If the Show ISY Links Table for that entry matches except for E2 versus EA, the mismatch can be ignored.

Archived