Cannot communicate with switches and plug

4wealn

Hello everyone. I am currently running a ISY994i with the latest software 2.30 I believe. I have all insteon switches and outlets. I recently had to turn the power off to my poolhouse to do some extra wiring. When I turned it back on and logged into my ISY it told me it could not communicate with the 2 switches and the one outlet that was out there. I did a query and got them back but when I went to remotely control them from the ISY window it was acting funny and then I could not control them any more. It says cannot communicate with them. I have tried to disable and enable and query and try to add them in again with no luck. I have turned the power off again and get the same result. Can somebody please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Ok. Hmmm. It seems that if the wiring changed, and this problem showed up at the same time, that those 2 things are related.

Are any of the items out there dual band? If not, do you have an access point or plugin dual band device you could move out there to test signal reach?

I plugged the TV into one of them and the satellite receiver into the other one. Other than the TV nothing new is out there that was not plugged in previously, just not in the same outlets. I must also add that there are 2 circuits out there. I put 2 outlets on one circuit and the other one on the second circuit. I cannot remember which circuit the Insteon are on.

I plugged the TV into one of them and the satellite receiver into the other one. Other than the TV nothing new is out there that was not plugged in previously, just not in the same outlets. I must also add that there are 2 circuits out there. I put 2 outlets on one circuit and the other one on the second circuit. I cannot remember which circuit the Insteon are on.

I would suggest unplugging everything you added and see if the problem is still present.

Dennis

OK well this is what I came up with. The TV is the cause. It is a Samsung. If it is plugged in to the same circuit as the light switches, the lights do not work, If I plug it into the other circuit all is great. Can anyone explain this to me. Now I have to open up the walls again and rewire the outlet for the TV. Really sucks. Is there a possible work around for this without having to rewire the outlet the TV is on. (I do not want to see the wires hanging down the wall for the TV)

Thank you for all your help everyone. Would never have thought it could be the TV.

The filter is the answer as tech man points out.

What you are seeing is noise from the TV traveling down the line for a short distance...the outlet that does not work is probably only a few wire feet from the switch and closest to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived