ISY994iZw vs ISY994iZw/PRO

ragr

Model Comparison   IR Support Max. Devices/Scenes Max. Programs MSRP ISY994iZw No 256 300 $269.00 ISY994iZw/IR PRO Yes 1024 1000 $339.00 Network Security

• ISY994 Series: TLSv1.1, Low Grade Encryption, Client/Server Certificates
  • ISY994 PRO Series: TLS1.2, High Grade Encryption, Client/Server Certificates, and Client/Server Authentication

Sorry, the information does not post correctly.   Go to

https://www.universal-devices.com/residential/isy994izw-series/

and scroll down for the differences.

Can you tell me the difference between ISY994iZw vs ISY994iZw/PRO?

In case you're not aware you can upgrade any part of the base system to the pro version when needs or finances allow. Whether that be IR hardware or software for more links, battery delay write, higher encryption, etc.

Extra modules that can be added to either platform are the electricity, network, weather, irrigation, X-10, etc. 

• 1 month later...

I'm a little confused about the differences between these 2 as well.

The 994izw is field-upgradeable to Pro for $30, yet the retail difference between the 2 is $70.  It also looks like the IR module is $5

Is there something more to the ISY994izw Pro that you get buying the Pro model directly versus the base model & upgrading?  It seems odd to me that the base + upgrade would be cheaper than buying the Pro from the get-go.

I'm a little confused about the differences between these 2 as well.

The 994izw is field-upgradeable to Pro for $30, yet the retail difference between the 2 is $70.  It also looks like the IR module is $5

Is there something more to the ISY994izw Pro that you get buying the Pro model directly versus the base model & upgrading?  It seems odd to me that the base + upgrade would be cheaper than buying the Pro from the get-go.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh . . .

Take the discount / savings and run . . .

Hi Silenus,

You are comparing:

ISY994i ZW with

ISY994i ZW/IR PRO

The difference between the two is $70.00:

$30.00 - To upgrade to PRO

$40.00 - To upgrade to IR (and includes the sensor)

If you buy the sensor separately, then you need to pay:

$5.00 + shipping - Sensor

$40.00 - To upgrade to IR

If you need IR, it's best to get ISY994i ZW/IR PRO. If you don't, then you should consider ISY994i ZW PRO (on Amazon).

With kind regards,

Michel

That makes a little more sense.  I figured I was missing something.

I don't really see any need for the IR, as it is going to be added to an existing control system (RTI) to integrate my Insteon lighting/door sensors.  

Archived