KeypadLinc (8-button) ISY On-Level not enforced

Tungsten

I'm having an issue with an 8-button KeypadLinc controlling the main light in my master bedroom.  I've set the On-Level to 40% on my ISY-994i.   If I click the Main (Load) button once it works as expected and brings the light level up to 40%.  But as soon as I change this setting directly on the KeypadLinc (either by double clicking for a fast on to 100% or dimming to a different value) it no longer respects the On-Level set on the ISY-994i on subsequent single presses.  Instead it goes to whatever the last value was.

My desire is to have 2 settings: one for single presses (40% level) and one for double presses (100% level).  Is this not possible?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Kevin

The KeypadLinc (and SwitchLinc) Local On Level has two modes of operation.  Going to the last On value is referred to as "Resume Bright".  Refer to the KeypadLinc User Manual "Local On Level" for the information on using "Resume Bright" or using the defined Local On Level as an absolute. 

Some other Insteon devices also have some options that are not available from the ISY, for example, the thermostats. OTOH, the ISY provides more flexibility for some devices such as a KeypadLinc.

• 3 months later...

Need some more help again on this subject.  I ended up purchasing a bunch of dual-band KPL's to upgrade my system but I think they might be a step backward.  It looks like (as far as I can tell) a double press on these are no longer a "Fast On", it seems like it now resets the on level to 100% no matter what. Can anyone confirm this and maybe provide a workaround?  I really want to be able to have two settings: single-tap = 40%, double-tap = 100%.

TIA, Kevin

Archived