Insteon randomly reboots...

Have an ISY994i, a bunch of switchlincs, togglelincs, motion detectors, access points, and an insteon thermostat.

About 1-2x a week the thermo will go into heat mode @ 70 degrees (especially annoying now in the summer).

Motion detectors won't work.

Local controls work, but nothing else does.

Any thoughts? Going on vacation next month and may have to swap the thermo for a non-insteon if I can't find a solution.

Yes - but I unplugged the ISY and the PLM and the problem persists.

If the factory reset doesn't help then you should measure your voltage going to the thermostat and also make sure all the connections are good.

Hi shawnaruch,

I am so very sorry to hear. I have seen this problem before twice:

1. One was related to the thermostat dongle. If you unplug the dongle from the thermostat and if everything goes back to normal, then the issue is the dongle and you need a replacement

2. Another one was related to Baby monitors: some kill INSTEON RF signals

With kind regards,

Michel

The Insteon compatible Venstar thermostat  (T1700, T1800, T1900) has a dongle. The Insteon thermostat (2441TH) does not.

Is it a 2441TH that the OP has?

I gave up on mine a long time ago - after two replacements it would still randomly change settings. It was related to the board in my furnace I think. Switched to a zwave stat and not had an issue since.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the suggestions. Turned out to be a bad PLM. After I unplugged it, thermo still had issues so I did the factory reset. Thermo is now going on 2 weeks with no issues. Got a new PLM, paired everything back up and I'm back in business.

Thanks again!

Archived