What IS I2?

Sub-Routine

I have guests now so I can't do any more testing for a few days. I have no trouble programming the switch, linking the switch, doing a query on the switch, etc. It is only local control that is an issue.

In a few days I will set up a test with the switch plus a new appliance module plugged directly into the PLM. I will add these to the ISY, link them, veryify that local control of the switch correctly operates the linked appliancelinc, and review the link table per Michel's directions above.

I have lots of KPL's, SLD's and a few SLR's that I bought used as well as quite a few new SLD's (I say lots, like probably 50 or more KPL's and the same of the SLD's). They came out of demo home's where the buyer wanted a different control scheme. They where all tested prior to me getting them, but I have setup a test bench to test them out before I begin selling them on ebay (after keeping what I want for myself obviously).

I currently have the following versions installed and working fine (ISY version shown, I don't have the SH version written down but I can go and find out if that is important to somebody). I could setup some other versions for testing on my test bench as well...just give me an idea of what test you think I should run on them.

SLD's (2476D): v.22, v.24, v.27, v.35

SLR's (2476S): v.28, v.2C

KPL's (2486D): v.26, v.29, v.2D

KPL's (2486DWH8): v.2D

Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks so very much. This information is quite invaluable in trying to find compatibility issues.

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that the most difficult part of implementing i2 is now under control. We shall survive!

With kind regards,

Michel

I have lots of KPL's, SLD's and a few SLR's that I bought used as well as quite a few new SLD's (I say lots, like probably 50 or more KPL's and the same of the SLD's). They came out of demo home's where the buyer wanted a different control scheme. They where all tested prior to me getting them, but I have setup a test bench to test them out before I begin selling them on ebay (after keeping what I want for myself obviously).

I currently have the following versions installed and working fine (ISY version shown, I don't have the SH version written down but I can go and find out if that is important to somebody). I could setup some other versions for testing on my test bench as well...just give me an idea of what test you think I should run on them.

SLD's (2476D): v.22, v.24, v.27, v.35

SLR's (2476S): v.28, v.2C

KPL's (2486D): v.26, v.29, v.2D

KPL's (2486DWH8): v.2D

Eric

I have guests now so I can't do any more testing for a few days. I have no trouble programming the switch, linking the switch, doing a query on the switch, etc. It is only local control that is an issue.

In a few days I will set up a test with the switch plus a new appliance module plugged directly into the PLM. I will add these to the ISY, link them, veryify that local control of the switch correctly operates the linked appliancelinc, and review the link table per Michel's directions above.

I have set up the test switch and test appliancelinc with both plugged into the feedthrough on the PLM. I made the switch a controller for scene "TEST" and the appliancelinc is a reponder. Operating the switch causes the linked appliancelinc to operate 100% with no misses (Not a microswitch issue). Neither the switch nor the appliancelinc update in the ISY gui. Both can be queried from the gui and will then update.

Switch = 2.5 on the sticker and v.2c in the gui

Appliancelinc = 4.1 on the sticker and v.32 in the gui

upstatemike,

Come to think of it, you have a very large installation. The last time we checked, you had about 900 links in your PLM.

One way to test is:

1. Go to Tools->Diagnostics->Show Device Link Table

2. Choose your SWL

3. Click on Start and then click Ok on the subsequent dialog

4. Look for E2 01 N.N.N 00 00 1 where N.N.N is your PLM id (Tools->Diagnostics->PLM Info/Status)

If you do NOT find this record, the we either have a bug in ISY or ISY was not able to write this record into your PLM.

If you do have this record, then the problem is either the PLM or the switch itself (we have ruled out noise, right).

To see if it's not the PLM, please

1. Go to Tools->Show PLMs Link Table, click on Start

2. Look for A2 01 M.M.M WW KK 1 where M.M.M is your SWL's address and WW and KK are immaterial

3. Click on the Count button to see how many records you have

If you do not find this record, then in all likelihood you have a defective PLM or one which overwrites others.

With kind regards,

Michel

Ok the link count is 567 (1383?)

PLM address is 09.37.DC

The switch has a link E2 01 09.37.DC 00 00 01

The switch address is 09.FA.C7

The PLM has a link A2 01 09.FA.C7 02 0A 2C

upstatemike,

Is the link count on the PLM 587 or 1383?

This is getting to be too mysterious!

1. You have the correct links in both the SWL and the PLM

2. It cannot be noise/distance related as they are plugged right into your PLM

3. The number of links in your PLM is 587

So, this leads me to believe that the SWL is not sending the status to the PLM.

Would you be kind enough to go to Tools->Diagnostics->Event Viewer, change level to 2, and click on your SWL. Please let me know if you see any traffic whatsoever.

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

upstatemike,

Come to think of it, you have a very large installation. The last time we checked, you had about 900 links in your PLM.

One way to test is:

1. Go to Tools->Diagnostics->Show Device Link Table

2. Choose your SWL

3. Click on Start and then click Ok on the subsequent dialog

4. Look for E2 01 N.N.N 00 00 1 where N.N.N is your PLM id (Tools->Diagnostics->PLM Info/Status)

If you do NOT find this record, the we either have a bug in ISY or ISY was not able to write this record into your PLM.

If you do have this record, then the problem is either the PLM or the switch itself (we have ruled out noise, right).

To see if it's not the PLM, please

1. Go to Tools->Show PLMs Link Table, click on Start

2. Look for A2 01 M.M.M WW KK 1 where M.M.M is your SWL's address and WW and KK are immaterial

3. Click on the Count button to see how many records you have

If you do not find this record, then in all likelihood you have a defective PLM or one which overwrites others.

With kind regards,

Michel

Ok the link count is 567 (1383?)

PLM address is 09.37.DC

The switch has a link E2 01 09.37.DC 00 00 01

The switch address is 09.FA.C7

The PLM has a link A2 01 09.FA.C7 02 0A 2C

The link count says 567. Not sure if it is decimal or hex?

Set event viewer to level 2 and there are no entries when I operate the switch. If I control it from the gui I see entries in the event viewer.

I would say the switch is not sending anything out except that the linked appliancelinc operates with every switch press... no misses at all.

Maybe the wacky Insteon security model that makes the PLM block signals from devices without links to it is messed up and is blocking messages from a valid address?

OK I upgraded to 2.6.9 and ran the tests again.

All functions continue to work properly from the gui.

Turning the switch On or Off still operates the linked appliacelinc 100% of the time and I can see signal activity (flashing Isteon LEDs) whenever the paddle is pressed so the switch always transmits something.

The On paddle never updates the ISY on the first press. If I press the upper paddle repeatedly the status will eventually change in the ISY gui. When it does, the Appliancelinc goes to On and the switch goes to 1% (IT IS A RELAY SWITCH!)

The Off paddle never updates the ISY on the first press. If I press the lower paddle repeatedly the status will eventually change in the ISY gui. When it does, the Appliancelinc goes to Off and the switch goes to Off.

Hello upstatemike,

You will have to remove and reinstall your SWL. Furthermore, please do a factory reset on it before adding it back.

With kind regards,

Michel

OK I upgraded to 2.6.9 and ran the tests again.

All functions continue to work properly from the gui.

Turning the switch On or Off still operates the linked appliacelinc 100% of the time and I can see signal activity (flashing Isteon LEDs) whenever the paddle is pressed so the switch always transmits something.

The On paddle never updates the ISY on the first press. If I press the upper paddle repeatedly the status will eventually change in the ISY gui. When it does, the Appliancelinc goes to On and the switch goes to 1% (IT IS A RELAY SWITCH!)

The Off paddle never updates the ISY on the first press. If I press the lower paddle repeatedly the status will eventually change in the ISY gui. When it does, the Appliancelinc goes to Off and the switch goes to Off.

upstatemike,

You can send me something even better:

1. Event Viewer level 2 should be on

2. Run Device Link table

3. Run ISY Link table

4. Click the switch to on and then off

Please send me the logs for 1, 2, and 3 (support@universal-devices.com).

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello upstatemike,

You will have to remove and reinstall your SWL. Furthermore, please do a factory reset on it before adding it back.

With kind regards,

Michel

Tried it and I am getting the same result. Do you want me to send you the switch so you can observe it first hand?

Archived