LED Bulb can be controlled but ISY says not responding

ryanmead83

My house is 3 floors plus the basement.  Quick rundown, basement has just a 2 wire SwitchLinc, first floor has the PLM, 3 SwitchLinc, 1 KPL, 1 LampLinc, second floor has at the moment just an LED bulb, soon to have a KPL and FanLinc (just have to install it), and third floor has SwitchLinc, Motion Sensor, and LED Bulb.

On the 3rd floor the motion sensor turns on the lights in the bathroom and it works fine no issues at all.  Last night I added the LED Bulb (it's about 10 feet away from the SwitchLinc).  It added no problem, however ISY says ! and shows not responding.  If I turn it on or off though it works perfectly and every single time, but the ISY always says it is Off, or On or shows the wrong status from what it is.  So I'll set it to 50%, it goes to that, and then the ISY shows ! and Off but it's actually at 50%.  Any idea what might cause this?

It's the ISY994iZW one, 5.0.1, linked it normally put it in link mode then turned on the lamp, linked instantly.  As a test I plugged in a LampLinc near by and it works now in the ISY, which is weird since it's so close to a SwitchLinc.  Even weirder is that it works fine, just the ISY doesn't seem to know the status.  As long as it works it's fine, just can't leave the LampLinc here.

If your Insteon bulb is not behind an Insteon switch then you may also want to try a restore device on the Insteon bulb in case some of the links got corrupted

If your other LED bulb is working correctly then the beta version of the ISY firmware you're running can be ruled out.

Archived