Motion sensor programming

cps68500

I have 2 motion sensors in our kitchen...  (2 for visibility).  There are 2 - 3way switches linked together that control the light.  The sensors are not linked to the switches nor in any scene with switches, only a single program.

I have created a -30m before sunset and -30m after sunrise (next day) to control the kitchen switches(light).

This all works great...  the switch controls light correctly, the motion senses and turns on the light during the evening times, etc...

Here's my question.

When leaving the room, sometimes I press the off switch ( weird, I was taught this growing up )...  But the motion will catch me leaving the room and turn the light back on.  There is a time out on the switch without motion, but was wondering if upon "if switched off" that I could disable the motion for 10 seconds or so to give me time to vacate the motion sensors reach???

TIA

Chris

Hey Chris...

This should work...

If
        Control 'Your Switchlinc' is switched Off

Then
        Disable Program 'Your Program'
        Wait  15 seconds
        Enable Program 'Your Program'

Else

Jon...

I like the "dusk.dawn" feature to turn lights on/off during overcast days.

Jon...

With most of my auto lights I just let them turn on during the day. It may a dark area and I can't be bothered to inflict a third brightness level program switch. With LED bulbs running all day would not be a financial hardship and pointless for energy saving. I just want my 100w equiv. beside my bed dimmed in the middle of the night .

I have 2 motion sensors in our kitchen...  (2 for visibility).  There are 2 - 3way switches linked together that control the light.  The sensors are not linked to the switches nor in any scene with switches, only a single program.

I have created a -30m before sunset and -30m after sunrise (next day) to control the kitchen switches(light).

This all works great...  the switch controls light correctly, the motion senses and turns on the light during the evening times, etc...

Here's my question.

When leaving the room, sometimes I press the off switch ( weird, I was taught this growing up )...  But the motion will catch me leaving the room and turn the light back on.  There is a time out on the switch without motion, but was wondering if upon "if switched off" that I could disable the motion for 10 seconds or so to give me time to vacate the motion sensors reach???

TIA

Chris

This is a bit annoying (light turning back on) and I do not have a good solution for it. In our reconfigured laundry/mudroom this is happening when we leave the house. Probably the thing to do if the lights turn back on is to do nothing since they will turn off in 10 minutes. However, the instinct is there to open the door and turn the lights off again. I recently changed the set up of my motion sensors to eliminate programs in order to try to eliminate the dreaded "all on". Using a program works better and allows more flexibility

There really needs to be another setting on the MS. There should be a timer for when the off command is sent and one for lockout. There is an option to set the MS so it will not do anything during the lockout, but that is not what I want. I want to be able to set it so that if it detects motion, then no additional motion detection will occur for say 15 seconds. In addition, once motion is detected, wait 10 minutes before issuing an off command. Any additional motion after the 15 seconds will reset the 10 minute counter.

If

Control 'Controlled Device' is switched Off

Then

Wait  5  seconds

Set 'Controlled Device' Off

The program will run only if you manually turn off the switch. If you have a virtual 3-way configuration, you'll need a Control statement for each device and to set the scene Off.

If

Control 'Controlled Device' is switched Off

Then

Wait  5  seconds

Set 'Controlled Device' Off

The program will run only if you manually turn off the switch. If you have a virtual 3-way configuration, you'll need a Control statement for each device and to set the scene Off.

Stu, good idea, maybe I will implement this. Only issue I see is that if my wife turns the light off by accident then turns them back on manually, or it turns on by motion, then the light will turn back off.

Maybe I would need something like this

If control is switched off

And control is not switched on

Then

Wait 3 seconds

run program 2

If status lights is on

Then set scene lights off.

This set up would not account for the MS turning the light back on if they are turned off by accident. Meaning the lights would turn off again. Still, setting up programs involving lights controlled by the MS makes me worried about the all on event.

Thanks Larry, I looked at your program. I'll have to study it for a while this weekend. Eric

Ask when you are ready.

The response is fast, dimming levels are variable if set ahead of usage, and manual override works with a failsafe timer, for that "I thought it was auto"  assumption that happens.

There were two all on events that occurred today while no one was home. I added waits to some programs. I emailed support and need to call them to exchange my plm.

We just finished converting the laundry room to a mudroom with lockers. I have had the ms on one of the locker shelves, not affixed. Just trying to find the best spot. I came home to find the ms turned around, essentiall facing the wall. WAF is low, I think the laundry room has lost its ms.

Archived