Generating SSL certificates

to_lighter

Hi gang,

I seem to be stuck on the whole certificate generation process for remote access. I can access my system remotely, and have forwarded ports ports 443 and 80 to my ISY 99i. It requests that I generate SSL certificates. Another blue window opens up titled ISY Configuration Utility with a SSL Certificate Management menu item. I select Generate and Install Self-Signed Certificate. It asks for my URL, which I input, and then it sits there. Top left says System Busy, but how long does this process take? I've left it for hours without any obvious effect.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Hello to_lighter,

This process should take less than 2 seconds.

First of all, please do NOT forward port 80 to your ISY since all traffic to your ISY can be sniffed and repeated by a hacker. Only forward port 443.

As far as your SSL certificate, I suspect two things:

1. You HAVE TO be local to your ISY to install the certificate (you are not allowed to do it remotely for security reasons)

2. Perhaps you did not accept the Java certificate for The Legions of Bounty Castle. As such, please:

a. Close all your browser windows

b. Control Panel -> Java -> Security -> Certificates

c. Remove all your certificates

Retry and let me know.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi gang,

I seem to be stuck on the whole certificate generation process for remote access. I can access my system remotely, and have forwarded ports ports 443 and 80 to my ISY 99i. It requests that I generate SSL certificates. Another blue window opens up titled ISY Configuration Utility with a SSL Certificate Management menu item. I select Generate and Install Self-Signed Certificate. It asks for my URL, which I input, and then it sits there. Top left says System Busy, but how long does this process take? I've left it for hours without any obvious effect.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Hi to_lighter,

The process is done when you get a dialog saying ISY will reboot.

This is very odd. Are you local to your ISY (on the same network)? Or, perhaps it might be due to a lower Java version on MAC. Would it be possible to try this on a PC with Java 1.6.5 (or above)?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

I am on a Mac, so I'm not sure how to clear Java. I did accept the mentioned certificate though. How do you know when the process is done?

Cheers!

Archived