Apostrophe no longer supported!?

dstanley

Wes,

I upgraded to 5.01 and my location 'Home' stopped working. The variable was no longer being updated. I removed the variable and tried it create it again.

It would not work now because the variable was Dwight's_iPhone_Home and could not be created on the ISY. When I tried to manually create it on the ISY it would throw an error.

I changed my phones name to eliminate the apostrophe and then Mobilinc could create the variable. I am updating to 5.0.2 now but not sure if that had been noticed yet!?

Dwight

Hi Dwight,

We're not running the alpha 5.x firmware yet, but are you saying that the ISY won't take an "'" in the name of a variable?

I just tried this on 4.x and it does't work there either. Looks like I'll need to filter out "'" in the name of the iPhone when creating variables.

Wes

Right - the apostrophe no longer seems to be supported in the creation of the ISY variables.

I had mine created a long time ago and just kept updating the ISY firmware - somewhere along the way - probably the GUI - added the restriction to not include the '

So - since I had created it a long time ago it was ok but recent changes to the ISY messed me up a bit!

Dwight

Archived