Inconsistent Response from Insteon Bulbs

jtdohert

I have written a program to turn on the lights about 1/2 hour before sunset and off later in the evening.  The only check is Time is Sunset - 30 minutes, I don't care about the state.

In the same "Then" clause I turn on 4 different devices, 2 of which are Insteon bulbs (2674-222) and (2672-222).

While the other 2 devices (a wall switch and a plug in module) work consistently every time, the bulbs do not.

Sometimes 1, the other or both will work randomly.

The ISY log shows the commands were sent, the devices did not respond (says the human).

Has anyone run into this?  The odds of 2 different bulbs in 2 different lamps being defective is slim.  Running the android mobilinc app or the Console on the PC (which goes through the controller) to manually turn on the devices works every time.

Hi

Are all of the devices in a single scene, or are you sending 4 different "On" commands sequentially?

I would suggest a single scene for 4 devices over the sequential commands.

Having the ISY issue a number of individual device commands sequentially might give you inconsistent behavior like you are seeing

Commands sent later in the sequence from the ISY program will be competing with the acknowledgement messages coming back from the initial devices reponse.

Paul

Archived