Setting Scene Ramp Rate?

DevonSprings

Hi All,

I have seen this discussed, but I couldn't find the answer.

I want a scene that ramps over the 9 minutes that turns on the house in the morning.

So I created a "Wake-up" program, and expected that when I went "On" instead of "Fast On" that it would ramp.

Any help would be appreciated,

Devon

The max ramp rate is now 8 minutes for a dimmer device.  SmartLabs changed the max from 9 to 8 minutes some years back.  There is little difference in appearance between the two rates.  From the latest Keypad and SwitchLinc Specs ....

0.125 to 9 seconds if programmed locally, 0.125 seconds to 8 minutes if programmed remotely via software

If the ramp rate is set to 9 minutes as if using a very old dimmer device, the ramp rate for a newer device is 0.2 seconds if memory is correct.

The change was made to avoid a very slow ramp rate if the ramp rate field was not set (0x00 value).

Good point, I was hoping to get a slow ramp rate, I got "instant on"

MakeSunShineInBasement - [iD 0006][Parent 0001]

If
        On Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
        Time is  7:30:00AM
     Or On Sun
        Time is  9:00:00AM

Then
        Set Scene 'Dionte-Good-Morning' On

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

post-846-0-19051400-1444623735_thumb.png

Good point, I was hoping to get a slow ramp rate, I got "instant on"

MakeSunShineInBasement - [iD 0006][Parent 0001]

If

Time is  7:30:00AM

Or On Sun

Time is  9:00:00AM

Then

Set Scene 'Dionte-Good-Morning' On

Else

If I understand LeeG's post the slowest ramp rate you can achieve using the local setting (for anything under 9 minutes) is 9 seconds.  Using a program however it appears you can get an 8 minute ramp rate.  You might change the local settings back to .1 second on all pots and use a program to control.

Ramp Rate - [ID 00DA][Parent 00CC][Not Enabled]

If
        Time is  7:30:00AM
     Or On Sun
        Time is  9:00:00AM

Then
        In Scene 'Dionte-Good-Morning' Set 'BSMT-Left-Pots.1' 8.0 Min (Ramp Rate) 
        In Scene 'BSMT-Left-Pots.1' Set 'BSMT-Left-Pots.1' 8.0 Min (Ramp Rate)

Else

You'll need both those lines for each pot...

and to change the rate back you'll need a different program (unless you change your condition to "From" (i.e., 0730am to 0830am) and then you can put it in "Else."

Ramp Rate Off - [ID 00DB][Parent 00CC][Not Enabled]

If
        Time is  8:30:00AM
     Or On Sun
        Time is 10:00:00AM

Then
        In Scene 'Dionte-Good-Morning' Set 'BSMT-Left-Pots.1' 0.1 Sec (Ramp Rate)
        In Scene 'BSMT-Left-Pots.1' Set 'BSMT-Left-Pots.1' 0.1 Sec (Ramp Rate)

Else

Jon...

DevonSprings

If that Scene is only used for a slow morning ramp rate simply move the ramp rate sliders back to 8 minutes.

The 9 second max value described in the Keypad and SwitchLinc Specs is associated with setting the ramp rate manually with the device Set button.   The Admin Console is "software" and as such can set the ramp rate anywhere from 0.1 seconds to 8 minutes.

Here is example of 8 minute ramp rate.  Note that the Admin Console shows the ramp rate with a small popup window as slider is moved so it is easy to set for 8 minutes.

post-707-0-99183200-1444648645_thumb.jpg

Archived