Learning how to use "Control" command

satwar

A relay responder can respond only to off and on no matter if the controller is a dimmer or a relay.

Either a dimmer or relay controller is capable of sending brighten and dim commands to a dimmer. A relay controller can even send a fast on to a dimmer (i.e., double tap).

Good news, I got it working. 

It turns out it was the fault of the toggle switch operator (me).  I was not operating the toggle switch properly.  I was momentarily holding the toggle switch at the end of it's toggle range, which causes the switch to get mixed up.  Holding the toggle lever temporarily has never caused problems before, because I haven't implemented multi-way switching before.

I wish to thank everyone for participating, and convincing me to rig up a test bed to investigate the problem.  I also apologize for taking so much of your time.  At least someone may benefit from my learning about 2466sw switches.  Flick the switch, don't hold it.

On the SwitchLinc Dimmers this is a Fade Up or Brighten command signal and you can use that in programs to operate more stuff. I have no ToggleLincs but I would imagine the same thing applies to it.

Add an extra line in your programs to catch the operator error (both signals styles) and function the same unless you split out the "style of flick".  Do the same for Off and Dim in those programs.

Well this was quite a learning session for me.  I would never have guessed that a Togglelinc on/off switch can remotely control a dimmer switch.  They sure pack a lot of features into those units.  Certainly explains why the responding   Togglelinc didn't do anything.

Thanks for explaining

Archived