Interface with Amazon Echo?

awzulich

FYI Amazon Echo is on sale now again for $150 - think this is the lowest its going to go.

Yup, I think I am going to buy one!! Any idea on when the skill will be available? God I love technology!! :)

I bought one today at my local Home Depot. They have the same $150 deal. No shipping :)

I'm anxiously awaiting the ability to control my ISY. And I really hope I won't have to call it izzy!

Junky

Plan on calling it Izzy for the native integration with echo. If you install and setup the Hue Emulator route you can do basic on/off commands for your lights and really anything else in your home that is controllable via REST or HTTP requests!

So there will be 2 types of control respectively;

"Alexa, tell Izzy to lock/unlock/set cooling/heating arm/disamrm" etc...

And with the Emulator

"Alexa turn on/off the (any device name)"

BTW the Arm / Disarm command was just a guess since the skill is not complete, or it has not been fully disclosed by the UDI team yet.

Plan on calling it Izzy for the native integration with echo. If you install and setup the Hue Emulator route you can do basic on/off commands for your lights and really anything else in your home that is controllable via REST or HTTP requests!

So there will be 2 types of control respectively;

"Alexa, tell Izzy to lock/unlock/set cooling/heating arm/disamrm" etc...

And with the Emulator

"Alexa turn on/off the (any device name)"

BTW the Arm / Disarm command was just a guess since the skill is not complete, or it has not been fully disclosed by the UDI team yet.

I don't believe this is the case. Based on what UDI has expressed, they applied for both the skill and native support which includes the lighting API, allowing simple on/off commands to be issued without invoking the skill, i.e. "Alexa, turn on the family room spot lights". There is a post which covers this in more detail...

Hi Benoit,

I think many are waiting with bated breath :)  Do we have any news?

Thanks,

Jon...

The news are that...We were hoping to get news from Amazon last week, but we didn't.

We may be very close to an approval. But with experience, there may very well be more feedback coming from amazon requesting enhancements somewhere. We just don't know yet.

Benoit.

Prime gets you one day shipping. Even on Sunday via the USPS here B)

Im such an Amazon wh@re since I live in the Seattle area. I have/use Amazon prime, pantry and fresh which are all avail to me. I am too lazy to drive to anywhere for anything! Lol I have neighbors who work in corporate as well.

Not to mention my Microsoft neighbors and friends too! There are some benefits to living in the PNW besides the area being so beautiful!

Any update on this today (Monday)?

I really want isy control and I would prefer not to run the ha emulator on a PC or a pi all the time. Please update!!

Rant time...

On another note, I'm amazed at how horrible the Echo is with basic questions. It's really REALLY bad. It can't even do the most basic Internet search on a topic. I can't believe how much better "ok google" does with questions. Last night my kids and I were asking random questions about science, animals, the earth, etc. I would say that 70% of the time Alexa couldn't help us AT ALL but my Samsung Galaxy phone could. Ridiculous. Amazon has REALLY dropped the ball!

Junky

So I was just thinking how cool would it be if we could control how echo responds to our requests. An example:

I come home and say "Alexa, I am home" this triggers a program in my ISY which turns on some living room lights, sets the thermostat, turns on the TV, etc. once this is completed the ISY sends a command to the Alexa which tells Alexa how to respond where she says something like. " Welcome home James, I have turned on the living room lights, set the thermostat to 72 and turned on the tv for you!"

Now that would be cool!!

So I was just thinking how cool would it be if we could control how echo responds to our requests. An example:

I come home and say "Alexa, I am home" this triggers a program in my ISY which turns on some living room lights, sets the thermostat, turns on the TV, etc. once this is completed the ISY sends a command to the Alexa which tells Alexa how to respond where she says something like. " Welcome home James, I have turned on the living room lights, set the thermostat to 72 and turned on the tv for you!"

Now that would be cool!!

No need for Echo to do that. Use Geolocation/fencing via Mobilinc to activate a program on the ISY, Done! 

No need for Echo to do that. Use Geolocation/fencing via Mobilinc to activate a program on the ISY, Done!

I think you missed the point... :)

This thread is about echo integration. I know I can do that with geofencing and mobilinc (I am doing it today) but the main cool factor would be to get the personalized responses from the echo.

Kinda like Star Trek!

Archived