Added new switch but not showing up

iowaj

I have the ISY994i and needed to replace an 8 button KPL with a new switch(2334-22).  The old one was malfunctioning and had disappeared from the admin console.  I was fine starting from scratch and adding new scenes for buttons that would be different from the old switch.  I did the usual  and clicked Link Management then New Insteon Device and typed in the address and added a name.  I let the system auto discover the device and remove existing links(though it's a brand new switch).  The device chirped at me so I know the system recognized it.  However, it is not showing up anywhere in the admin console.  How can I locate this switch in the system so that I can actually use it?

****Solved my own problem by logging out and logging back in.  Haven't had to do that before.*****

Click on Network which displays all devices defined to ISY.   Click the Address heading on right side to sort by Insteon address.

A malfunctioning KPL should not have disappeared.  Neither should the new KPL if the New INSTEON Device was successful.

I'm concerned about devices that do not display.  What ISY Firmware and UI is being used?  (Help | About)

Click on Network which displays all devices defined to ISY.   Click the Address heading on right side to sort by Insteon address.

A malfunctioning KPL should not have disappeared.  Neither should the new KPL if the New INSTEON Device was successful.

I'm concerned about devices that do not display.  What ISY Firmware and UI is being used?  (Help | About)

The address of the malfunctioning device is not there, but as added above the new one showed up once I logged out and back in.  We had an issue a couple of months ago with what we assumed was a major power outage as we arrived home with all lights on in the house.  A neighbor also had issues with a power surge the same weekend, and we know there was a storm so are guessing there may have been a nearby lightning strike.  This particular 8 button KPL has had issues in the past (V1.4) so decided we would just upgrade to a new switch.  We are using Firmware v.4.2.30 and UI v.4.3.26.  It bothers me, too, that the switch just disappeared from the display.  We purchased the house with switches installed and some programming written.  Trying to be sure that old switch is not still in any programs.  Weird.

Your firmware and UI need to match so please clear out your Java cache as indicated by the steps to upgrading. Please also install the correct Admin Console to ensure reliable performance and access.

Lastly, given the amount of electronics and investment in Insteon its a good idea to install a whole house surge protector (SPD). It should also be noted your house policy should be updated to reflect the extra (value) and equipment present in the home.

The only thing that will make you whole is a comprehensive insurance policy that covers all aspects of the home, valuables, and infrastructure.

Archived