ISY99i/IR PRO to PLM Communication Issue

jeshab

I recently purchased a used ISY99i/IR PRO and PLM 2412S which were advertised as in working condition. Once I set these up at my house, I couldn't get the communication between the controller and the PLM devices working. The ISY controller would remain in safe mode with the Rx LED steady on. I tried to plug the PLM in various power outlet in my house and also use different CAT5 cable between the controller and PLM devices without any success.

After reading a few threads related to similar issues on this forum, I went ahead and bought another PLM 2413S this time to determine if the initially PLM I got wasn't working. This didn't help as well; the controller would still remain in safe mode indicating the communication issue with the PLM device.

I am wondering if somehow the port A on the ISY controller is faulty. Did anyone encounter this specific issue in the past?

As a side note, I have no problem accessing the ISY controller on the network and I was able to associate both PLM, I used in this test, with one of my Insteon light switches.

Have you inspected the A port jack?

I vaguely remember someone had a few of the pins not making connections as they where bent too far up.

With the 2413S PLM that required the external power supply. Power up the 2413S and let it fully initialize. Then power up the ISY99i.

What does the system indicate as firmware / UI version being used? Keeping in mind 3.3.10 is the last release for the 99 Series Controller.

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

I had re-flashed the controller to the firmware 3.3.10 to ensure that all the necessary files were on the SD card, which unfortunately didn't help.

Have you inspected the A port jack?

I vaguely remember someone had a few of the pins not making connections as they where bent too far up.

With the 2413S PLM that required the external power supply. Power up the 2413S and let it fully initialize. Then power up the ISY99i.

Per the attached photo, the pins in that port look fine to me. I also made sure that the cable was well seated in the port on both side. One thing to note is that I was able to power the controller with the 2412S PLM without the external power supply.

When using the 2413S PLM, I used the power up sequence you mentioned sometimes waiting a full minute before powering up the ISY99i.

post-7208-0-74179100-1446339575_thumb.jpg

Did you find the wiki method of replacing or formatting an SD card?

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Replacing/Formatting_an_SD_Card

UDI may see this and chime in with added thoughts. They have one of the best support systems I have seen.

You are aware of the ISY99i's limitations? Due to firmware size. 3.310 is the last one for an ISY99i and it does not support most of the latest Insteon Modules.

Did you find the wiki method of replacing or formatting an SD card?

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Replacing/Formatting_an_SD_Card

UDI may see this and chime in with added thoughts. They have one of the best support systems I have seen.

You are aware of the ISY99i's limitations? Due to firmware size. 3.310 is the last one for an ISY99i and it does not support most of the latest Insteon Modules.

I had use that specific wiki page to re-flash the controller to 3.3.10.

I am aware of the limitations of the ISY99i. Currently, I only have 2 switches and one outlet and I just want to play a bit with an ISY controller before I decide to invest further in additional home automation components.

Archived