KeypadLinc Dimmer constantly showing "write changes icon"

kevincol

I finally migrated my ISY99i to my ISY 994i.  In the process I've had two things go bad.  The first one is that one of my KeypadLinc Dimmer's shows the "write changes icon", even after I say to write changes out.  

The attached also has the log attached.  It seems that it is stuck trying to write changes out, but it can't.  Any ideas?

post-336-0-35923100-1448675115_thumb.jpg

All the attempts are being NAKed in the Event Trace.  That would indicate the I2CS Keypad is not allowing the current PLM to access the Keypad.

Suggest doing a Show ISY Links Table for Keypad and post the first few link records along with the current PLM Insteon address.

All the attempts are being NAKed in the Event Trace.  That would indicate the I2CS Keypad is not allowing the current PLM to access the Keypad.

Suggest doing a Show ISY Links Table for Keypad and post the first few link records along with the current PLM Insteon address.

Attached

post-336-0-20077400-1448689004_thumb.jpg

post-336-0-30926400-1448689015_thumb.jpg

The Keypad information does not have link records with the new PLM address.  Being an I2CS device the link record is required for the device to accept write requests.   Perhaps a Delete Modem (PLM) was issued or 0D,52.4F was the old PLM address and this device did not pickup the PLM change.

It may require the Keypad be Deleted and readded to pick up the new PLM.

EDIT:  do a Show ISY Links Table on a SwitchLinc/ToggleLinc/Icon device (whatever you use) and see if there is a link record with the new PLM address 30.DB.C7

E2 01 30.DB.C7 .. .. ..

It may be the ISY was not powered down when the PLM was changed.

The Keypad information does not have link records with the new PLM address.  Being an I2CS device the link record is required for the device to accept write requests.   Perhaps a Delete Modem (PLM) was issued or 0D,52.4F was the old PLM address and this device did not pickup the PLM change.

It may require the Keypad be Deleted and readded to pick up the new PLM.

I had changed my PLM to the 2413S at the same time as I upgraded my ISY991 to the ISY994i.  

Backing up the ISY, deleting the keypad, linking the keypad and then restoring the ISY solved the problem!  

Thanks!

i didn't explicitly do a restore device,  I just restored the backup and then that mapped the name of the device back to the original name.  However all the buttons on the keypad no longer function, even though the Admin Console shows that they are still part of the necessary scenes....

I was in the process of removing all of the references in the scenes to that keypad and adding them back in manually.  I haven't completed that yet though...  Sounds like I need to redelete it, re-add it and then add it back to all the scenes?

The last Show ISY Links Table that was posted did not have the required links.  That is why I suggested doing a Show ISY Links Table for a simple switch to see if problem was larger than I2CS Keypad.   Also if a Delete Modem (PLM) was done.

"Sounds like I need to redelete it, re-add it and then add it back to all the scenes?"

Yes.

Archived