Backup fails and other corruptions

rhughes

Hi,

Seems my ISY 99i Pro (running 2.6.8) may have some corruptions. First of all, when I try to backup it gets part way through and then fails with the error:

"Could Not Retrieve Configuration File /CONF/.und" ( seems to be 6 junk characters, including a space, exclamation and pipe). Also, I have 2 top level lighting folders that both contain all of the devices, the normal "My Lighting" and one with this name:

ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ´|ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿýÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ¶Ôÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ

One of my scenes name also got corrupted with a similar name as above:

ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ¶Ôÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ

I tried rebooting the ISY by power cycling and clearing the Java cache, with the same results. I'm hesitant to try any repairs with consulting you since this is only the damage to the data that I can see.

Thanks for any help.

Randy

Hi Randy,

Do you have an older backup of your system? I think your file system is corrupted (for some reason) and we will have to do one of the following two things:

1. Format the file system, reinstall 2.6.8, and restore your backup OR

2. If you wish, you can send it to us and we can restore your back up for you

The main question is: do you have a recent backup of your system?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Yes, I have a recent backup. I believe you are correct about a corrupted file system. After I did a Factory Reset from the ISY Shell, here arethe files:

/TESTFILE.TXT 75

[LOG]

[.]

[..]

[WEB]

[.]

[..]

/WEB/DRIVER.XML 6328

/WEB/LATLONG.XML 11061

/WEB/MAILTO.XML 31820

/WEB/TTYSET.DAT 80

/WEB/UPNPALG.XML 261

/WEB/CE.JAR 105284

/WEB/CHART.JAR 912631

/WEB/CLOSE.HTM 233

/WEB/FAVICON.ICO 1406

/WEB/FP.JAR 729470

/WEB/INSTEON.JAR 746751

/WEB/UD.DCF 1218

/WEB/UDLOGO.JPG 34639

/WEB/UDIWS10.WS 79004

[.]

[..]

/CODE/ROMMON.UD 16280

[CONF]

[.]

[..]

[D2D]

[.]

[..]

/D2D/0001.PGM -1

/CONF/0.UCF 704

/CONF/DEVCNF.XML 7465

/CONF/0.NCF 136

/CONF/0.UND 600

/CONF/PLMID.BIN 128

/CONF/MIGRATED.D2D 18

/CONF/ô5< à!|.UND -1

/CONF/ô67`à 7°.UND -1

/CONF/7õ £ n.U~D -1

/CONF/õ7< à |.ÕNü -1

/CONF/58 ¢ #.UND -1

/CONF/ö67`à 7°.UND -1

How do I format the file system and reinstall the firmware?

Thanks for the help.

Randy

Hi Michel,

Yes, I have a recent backup. I believe you are correct about a corrupted file system. After I did a Factory Reset from the ISY Shell, here arethe files:

/TESTFILE.TXT 75

[LOG]

[.]

[..]

[WEB]

[.]

[..]

/WEB/DRIVER.XML 6328

/WEB/LATLONG.XML 11061

/WEB/MAILTO.XML 31820

/WEB/TTYSET.DAT 80

/WEB/UPNPALG.XML 261

/WEB/CE.JAR 105284

/WEB/CHART.JAR 912631

/WEB/CLOSE.HTM 233

/WEB/FAVICON.ICO 1406

/WEB/FP.JAR 729470

/WEB/INSTEON.JAR 746751

/WEB/UD.DCF 1218

/WEB/UDLOGO.JPG 34639

/WEB/UDIWS10.WS 79004

[.]

[..]

/CODE/ROMMON.UD 16280

[CONF]

[.]

[..]

[D2D]

[.]

[..]

/D2D/0001.PGM -1

/CONF/0.UCF 704

/CONF/DEVCNF.XML 7465

/CONF/0.NCF 136

/CONF/0.UND 600

/CONF/PLMID.BIN 128

/CONF/MIGRATED.D2D 18

/CONF/ô5< à!|.UND -1

/CONF/ô67`à 7°.UND -1

/CONF/7õ £ n.U~D -1

/CONF/õ7< à |.ÕNü -1

/CONF/58 ¢ #.UND -1

/CONF/ö67`à 7°.UND -1

How do I format the file system and reinstall the firmware?

Thanks for the help.

Randy

Archived