Release 2.6.12 beta is now available

Michel Kohanim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the feedback. As far as motion sensors being undefined, the main problem is that the same category/sub category (identifying the device) is going to be used by another device. For us to manage the dev cat/sub cat changes means that we would have to maintain a list of all the changes (we went through this with KPL 8 button) which we are NOT always privy to.

In any case, I do not recommending an upgrade till a complete and fully stable release.

Hi Tom,

You can always go back to release 2.6.8. To be 100% sure, you can also restore the backup you took in 2.6.8 and thus you'll be guaranteed to have the same behavior as you did in 2.6.8. Now, please make sure you are not using HL2 PLM for, if you do, NOTHING will work reliably.

Hi someguy,

I am not sure why that would be the case. Perhaps it's reporting as i2 but does not support i2 commands? With official 2.6.13 (tomorrow), you have the option of forcing ISY to treat everything as i1. Please test it and let me know if this works.

With kind regards,

Michel

Now, please make sure you are not using HL2 PLM for, if you do, NOTHING will work reliably.

Michel:

uh, oh. I've got a HL2 PLM.

What are my options to switch it out?

Is the process of switching it reasonable or is it frought with problems?

Please wait for 2.6.13l

Waiting mode: ON.

Standing-by...

continuing to wait...

When I had my marketing communications company I used to tell my clients you can have it good, quick, or cheap. Pick two!

We are getting our beta releases good and cheap! :D

Joe

P.S. I'm anxiously anticipating the release of 2.6.13 too!

I too would also like to roll back to 2.6.8. I tried to do it, but it said isy denied the upgrade. Do I have to do a factory reset? If so, what order of firmware upgrades should I do to get to 2.6.8?

Thanks,

Hi Michel,

I don't understand the value of forcing i1. Since most of my devices are new, I am assuming they are i2 compatible. Is there a reason that I would want to force i1 compatibility?

Cheers!

I too would also like to roll back to 2.6.8. I tried to do it, but it said isy denied the upgrade. Do I have to do a factory reset? If so, what order of firmware upgrades should I do to get to 2.6.8?

Thanks,

Hi Michel,

I don't understand the value of forcing i1. Since most of my devices are new, I am assuming they are i2 compatible. Is there a reason that I would want to force i1 compatibility?

Cheers!

Since most of my devices are old they are not responding to all i2 commands, but the test the ISY is using for i1/i2 is unreliable. While Michel and company search for a more reliable test they have decided to 'hardwire' a solution.

So it's for me and a few other users ;)

Rand

Thanks,

The ISY should reset after the firmware is installed. Are you sure you have a valid copy of the older firmware? Also check your firewall and virus checker. Some McAfee versions blocked upgrades.

Rand

I am seeing a strange behavior with my front yard motion sensor after upgrading to 2.6.12.

I have the following program

• If

• "@Font"From 10:05:00PM

"@Font"To Sunrise (next day)

• And Status 'Front Yard Motion - Sensor' is On

•

Then

• Set 'Outside - Front Porch Lights' On

• Set 'Outside - West Side Landscape' On

• Set 'Outside - East Side Landscape' On

Else

• Wait 2 minutes

• Set 'Outside - East Side Landscape' Off

• Set 'Outside - West Side Landscape' Off

• Set 'Outside - Front Porch Lights' Off

The lights are set to come on at sunset, and go off at 10pm.

What is weird is between sunset and 10pm, if the motion sensor goes on, all the lights turn off for a second and then back on.

Any ideas what might be my problem?

Thanks

I am seeing a strange behavior with my front yard motion sensor after upgrading to 2.6.12.

I have the following program

• If

• "@Font"From 10:05:00PM

"@Font"To Sunrise (next day)

• And Status 'Front Yard Motion - Sensor' is On

•

Then

• Set 'Outside - Front Porch Lights' On

• Set 'Outside - West Side Landscape' On

• Set 'Outside - East Side Landscape' On

Else

• Wait 2 minutes

• Set 'Outside - East Side Landscape' Off

• Set 'Outside - West Side Landscape' Off

• Set 'Outside - Front Porch Lights' Off

The lights are set to come on at sunset, and go off at 10pm.

What is weird is between sunset and 10pm, if the motion sensor goes on, all the lights turn off for a second and then back on.

Any ideas what might be my problem?

Thanks

Not for sure without seeing your other program but my guess would be that ISY is evaluating the condition of the program you posted above because the state of the Motion Sensor changes. Since the other part of the condition is not true (the time) it see's the condition as false ane executes the Else statements which turn your lights off. Once it turns the lights off...your other program turns them back on again.

Eric

Hello all,

Apologies for not responding to the posts last night. We were getting 13 out which does a few nice things:

1. On boot up, it will flag all the nodes to be re-evaluated for their i1/i2 compatibility

2. Using Link Management->Advanced Options, you can choose

a. Automatic (default): if i1, then BAU. If not, then ISY tries an i2 command which all i2 devices MUST support (read the first record in the db). If it succeeds, then it will flag the node to use i2. If not, it flags for i1

b. Device Reported: ISY uses whatever the device asks for

c. i1 Only: ISY uses i1 regardless of the device's engine version

3. Every time you go between Automatic and Device Reported, all nodes will be flagged for re-evaluation

And, Gary, yes, the secret stuff has been fixed!

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived