Thermostat wire

Amigo

There are hundreds thousands of locations to buy thermostat wire. Do you need/want an on-line source or local walk in location? If local, what city are you near?

Amazon, Home Depot & Lowes come to mind as easy to deal with and speedy, no questions asked in case of a problem. All three have thermostat wire in various gauges and lengths.

I believe the OP was thinking of Monoprice, as I have seen that referenced in a few of the cabling threads.  I don't think it will much matter for a single run of thermostat wire, but might save you a lot if buying 1000sds of feet of cat6 or speaker wire.  I had to get some thermostat wire myself for a humidifier install, and I think Home Depot had 3 5 or 7 conductor wires in bulk packages, pre-cut, but did not offer it cut to length at any savings.

It depends on how much you want.  If you just need a short run, I would go to HD/Lowe's/similar and have a piece cut to length.  If you need 500 feet or something, then I would look at places like Monoprice since I bet it would save a lot of money.  I get my cat6 from them and have always been very happy with them.  I have never bought thermostat wire from them.

It looks like they might only carry data and audio cables anyway.

They carry all type of spooled wire sold by the foot.  I purchased thermostat wire years ago from them but they don't offer "by the foot" via the internet.

Jon..

Thank you.

I need around 1000' , and Monoprice is what I was looking for, but looks like they only carry data and audio wire

will look at HD or Lowes, if that doesn't work out will go to a near by electrical wholesale.

cheers.

Edited by Amigo

There is a difference in quality. Get a good brand such as Coleman or Southwire. Also, the maximum length spools are usually 250' or 500'. Lesser quality and 2-conductor thermostat wire can be found in 1000' lengths.