Low non-Admin Level Account??

johnstonf

I am new to ISY... one thing i can't figure out...

When I have guests into our home, I like to give them browser access to my HA system.

As i don't like to give them full ADMIN access, I'd like a "non-admin" type of account, so they can't get into they ISY and make changes (not that they would, but i feel uncomfortable giving that level of access).

Is there a way to create a 2nd "non-admin" level account to give to non-admin folks onto my ISY?

Thanks!

When I have guests into our home, I like to give them browser access to my HA system.

As i don't like to give them full ADMIN access, I'd like a "non-admin" type of account, so they can't get into they ISY and make changes (not that they would, but i feel uncomfortable giving that level of access).

Is there a way to create a 2nd "non-admin" level account to give to non-admin folks onto my ISY?

Thanks!

Natively no but the new portal will allow multi login and reduced user rights. But it requires a $49.XX investment in the portal integration module which covers two years subscription.

Perhaps in the future this multi login and reduced rights will finally be released to the public as its been a feature request for many years.

Thanks!

I think you are trying to do something along the lines of what I am trying to do.

read here:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/17669-isy-guest-user/

If that is the case, in my opinion hold off buying the portal module because it does not really get you there. May be in the future it develops further and offers tiered user access rights.

I do not use MobiLinc so I can not say what enhancements it offers by itself or through the portal.

For me the only thing the portal offers in its present state is an easier remote access.

cheers.

For me the only thing the portal offers in its present state is an easier remote access.

In my case, the portal offers Alexa integration (although still early in development) as well as multiple usernames and passwords. This is useful for my families mobile devices. If my Daughter loses her phone (again), I only have to change her password instead of messing with hundreds of resources credentials after changing the single password that a native ISY connection supports. Worth every $ to me - even in its current form.

Good evening,

Yes, I see how that could be useful in your case.

Unfortunately for my case, I am more after limiting user access rights, I don't want them to be able to change variables or run the IF or Then sections of programs, etc.

For that I believe the underlying changes need to be made at the ISY firmware level and my understanding is ETA for those enhancements is unknown.

cheers.

Some sort of inherent tiered access rights would be great.

If you really need a mechanism to permit just certain calls to the ISY, there are open source "web proxy" tools (e.g. Privoxy or Squid) which could be used as a filtering "forward proxy".   Not for the faint of heart, and requires a machine that is always on to "proxy" the requests, apply a filter restricting what calls are allowed.

Amigo presents the only option that is also good for me.  i am not an IOS user (not an Apple hater... have macbooks, mac mini, appletv, but need Android for techy reasons, and removable battery, built in stylus, large screen, microSD, some apps, etc etc).  I have NO interest in Mobilinc, as i don't like their licensing, their crappy Android attempt, tons of users complaining, but no action from Mobilinc, etc).  I find the web and isyhelper just fine for my needs, but, DO need a separate admin and user separation (so users don't disable, run then / else portions, change variables, etc etc.).  It's got to be low level protection in the isy os itself).  I  hope UD can come up with something... that is a big disappointment (compared to how i love the isy platform... it is great).

I don't want to have to buy and install software for all my kids, parents, guests, friends etc to be able to run my HA, but i do want to give them access (limited), to control anything while they are on my LAN/HAN (and no WAN access).  Right now, everytime someone comes and leaves, I have to remember to reset the password.... TOTAL PAIN!  Quick browser access works great right now, except for ALL the MANY problems with TOO MANY rights...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UDI, CAN YOU HEAR ME / US?

Edited by johnstonf