My Lighting is Dead.. Help

scoobydawg

Hi -

I live in Nh and just went through 6 days with no grid power - We were running a generator for 3 days as well - Now everything is back on - My problem is that my ISY is no longer controlling any of my lights - If I access the console, my light status is incorrect, when I run a query all, it runs, but then when I try to control a light, any light everything fails - I just see a system busy message - I'm not sure if it is the ISy, PLM or both, but I'm going nuts - Any ideas?? Is there any way to reset everything?? I was able to do a current backup from the ISY and I have others from days past...

HELP!!!

Just tried that again - I was able to remotely control my lights, but none of my triggers were working - Any trigger going through the ISY was dead... But now, 5 minutes later, once again all my controls are dead..Hmm.. And now I can control some lights again.. seems like something really odd is going on..

Have you tried rebooting ISY? Just remove power for 10 seconds (generally by unplugging the PLM) and then repower. After the lights on the ISY settle down, restart the admin console.

Hello scoobydawg,

I am so very sorry to hear about all the problems you are having. In some cases, when the power comes back on, the spike kills the PLM. I've seen this many times before but with different symptoms. Would you be kind enough getting a replacement PLM?

Also, after a power outage, some other INSTEON devices fail and thus cause a lot of noise on the network. This will be quite tricky but with the help of Event Viewer you might be able to pinpoint the faulty device.

With kind regards,

Michel

Just tried that again - I was able to remotely control my lights, but none of my triggers were working - Any trigger going through the ISY was dead... But now, 5 minutes later, once again all my controls are dead..Hmm.. And now I can control some lights again.. seems like something really odd is going on..

Have you tried rebooting ISY? Just remove power for 10 seconds (generally by unplugging the PLM) and then repower. After the lights on the ISY settle down, restart the admin console.

I just ran a restore on the PLM and everything is now working... I figured I'd try the restore before ordering a new PLM - Michael - Thanks for sendingme down the PLM road!

Hello scoobydawg,

I am so very sorry to hear about all the problems you are having. In some cases, when the power comes back on, the spike kills the PLM. I've seen this many times before but with different symptoms. Would you be kind enough getting a replacement PLM?

Also, after a power outage, some other INSTEON devices fail and thus cause a lot of noise on the network. This will be quite tricky but with the help of Event Viewer you might be able to pinpoint the faulty device.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello scoobydawg,

I am so happy to hear that all is working fine but I still strongly recommend a new PLM.

With kind regards,

Michel

I just ran a restore on the PLM and everything is now working... I figured I'd try the restore before ordering a new PLM - Michael - Thanks for sendingme down the PLM road!

Hello scoobydawg,

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived