New PLM still restoring 24 hours later

Scottmichaelj

Unless you're a slow sipper, a movie or book will get you closer to the end B)

LOL . . .

This was the histogram of the restore process.

1st generation process:

2nd generation process:

3rd generation process:

4th generation process:

5th generation process:

6th generation process still pending:

=========================

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Hello jmac,

Restore Modem should not take more than 60 seconds per each non-battery operated devices IF AND ONLY IF there are not communication errors. Restore Devices will take significantly longer as ISY will have to rewrite all the links.

Which one did you do? Also, are you seeing any communication errors?

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks, all, for your help. Replaced PLM as other died after 2 years 2 months. Was able to restore system (after following procedures listed here in the Forum) by rebooting ISY and restoring each device individually. Took awhile, but all is well now.

Michel - did a "Restore Modem", and after 2+ hours rebooted ISY, and did a restore on each device. No communication errors that I am aware of. Maybe I was impatient, but in spite of my blundering the system is now operational.

Now I'll tackle the capacitor replacement on the old PLM, for a spare......thanks again!

Thanks, all, for your help. Replaced PLM as other died after 2 years 2 months. Was able to restore system (after following procedures listed here in the Forum) by rebooting ISY and restoring each device individually. Took awhile, but all is well now.

Michel - did a "Restore Modem", and after 2+ hours rebooted ISY, and did a restore on each device. No communication errors that I am aware of. Maybe I was impatient, but in spite of my blundering the system is now operational.

Now I'll tackle the capacitor replacement on the old PLM, for a spare......thanks again!

Mine was out of warranty by a couple months - you may want to call and see if SH will take care of it under warranty. If so they will just credit you back on the new order. Worth a try and send it back.