Make a Responder a controller while in a scene

Michaelv

Is there a way to change a responder to a controller in an existing scence? When I started to set up my network, I made Key pad buttons contollers and devices responders not knwing the implications regarding Led status on the keypad buttons. Now I have 12 Ked Pads that do not reflect the correct on / off status. I have read that the way to avoid this is to set up " everything as a controller within a scence. Why would you ever set something up as a responder in the first place in this situation?

MV

Hello MV,

Unfortunately, you will have to remove and re-add it back.

With kind regards,

Michel

Is there a way to change a responder to a controller in an existing scence? When I started to set up my network, I made Key pad buttons contollers and devices responders not knwing the implications regarding Led status on the keypad buttons. Now I have 12 Ked Pads that do not reflect the correct on / off status. I have read that the way to avoid this is to set up " everything as a controller within a scence. Why would you ever set something up as a responder in the first place in this situation?

MV

MV

You have to remove it re-add it as Michel said...but to answer the second part of your question:

Each device can only be a controller of ONE scene. One place (and there are others) that you would use it as a Responder is let's say you have a scene with two switchlinks in a 3-way configuration (top and bottom of basement stairs to conrol stairway light for example). In this instance both switches are controllers for that scene.

Now, you create another scene that is All Basement Lights and you have a keypad in your hallway that you want to be the controller for that scene. When you add the basement stairs light switches to that scene, you can ONLY add it as a responder since those switches are already controllers for your stairs scene, but this is OK since you only want the stairs light "respond" to the All Basement Lights scene...not control it.

Archived