Program not working

binaryman

so.. I can't figure out why this program is not working.. turned the fan on manually.  temperature is 71 degrees..  fan not shutting off...

Living Room Fan Off 
---------------------------------
If
        Status  'Thermostat - Main' <= 74° (Temperature)
    And Status  'Indoors / Living Room Fan Motor' is not Off

Then
        Set 'Indoors / Living Room Fan Motor' Off
        Wait  15 minutes 

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

------------
I've also tried it like this:

If

Then
        Wait  15 minutes 

Else

The fan has two modes, Auto and Fan. In Fan mode, the fan runs continually. That's the only mode that you can turn on or off. If the thermostat is calling for heat, not just in heat mode, then you cannot turn off the fan.

The program won't run unless the status changes. If the thermostat already was at or below 74º, then there was is no change when you manually turned on the fan. 

BTW, there's no need for the wait statement unless you mean for the wait to occur before turning the fan off in which case the wait statement should be placed before the off statement (Move line up).

so.. I can't figure out why this program is not working.. turned the fan on manually.  temperature is 71 degrees..  fan not shutting off...

Living Room Fan Off 
If

Then
        Wait  15 minutes 

Else

------------

If

Then
        Wait  15 minutes 

Else

There is nothing to trigger your program except the temperature changing.

Something has to call the attention of the ISY engine and that would be a temperature change. Then your logic will be evaluated and run the appropriate Then or Else.

IOW: If the temperature never changes after you save your program, or ISY boots up, your program will never run.

Living Room Fan Off 
If

Then
        Wait  15 minutes 

Else

------------

If

Then
        Wait  15 minutes 

Else

You can troubleshoot this program by right clicking and selecting "Run Then" to see if your control actually works.  If it does then issue is with the conditions.

It also helps to set program status icons to detailed (right click program, Status Icons > Detailed)  Red bar indicates program conditions false, green bar program conditions true, solid green running then, solid red running else.

Jon...

I just saw this......

Latest News

Z-Wave Scores Huge UL Win for Security, a First for Mesh Technology Z-Wave Scores Huge UL Win for Security, a First for Mesh Technology

Latest super-secure Z-Wave technology mitigates smart-home hacking; will achieve UL 1023 compliance for intrusion, giving the home automation standard an edge in powering some 20 million security sensors and alarm panels each year.

GT

I just saw this......

Latest News

Z-Wave Scores Huge UL Win for Security, a First for Mesh Technology Z-Wave Scores Huge UL Win for Security, a First for Mesh Technology

Latest super-secure Z-Wave technology mitigates smart-home hacking; will achieve UL 1023 compliance for intrusion, giving the home automation standard an edge in powering some 20 million security sensors and alarm panels each year.

GT

Archived