Flaky Programs. What am I missing?

IanSmith

I seriously need help with my ISY. It is really being flakey. As an example, here is the program for my back yard at dusk: post-7603-0-85172200-1456369495_thumb.jpg

The only light that was on this evening was the patio center light. I manually ran the "then" section of the event. And nothing changed. Here is what the device status showed: post-7603-0-11400300-1456369327_thumb.jpg

But, as I said, the only thing on was the patio center light. Manually clicking On on the status display ultimately turned everything on.

I'd show you what appeared in the log, but that came up empty. Wasn't aware that logging required configuring and haven't found any info about doing so.

The PLM is plugged into the same outlet my HomeSeer USB PLM was, and it operated reliably. On top of that, manually switching on the devices screen seems to work, taking suspicion off the PLM and its location.

What might I be doing wrong?

Your program looks ok to me but I suspect your problem has something to do with the switch from HomeSeer (which I'm not familiar with.)  If you go into admin console > Main Tab > right click on questionable device > select Diagnostics > Show Device Links Table.. once that completes select "Compare" both ISY Links Table and Device Links Table should be identical.

Another troubleshooting option is to open Event Viewer to Level 3 (Tools > Diagnostics > Event Viewer) and manually run Then, click copy to clipboard icon (clipboard icon lower toolbar) and paste trace into message post.

Jon...

Hi IanSmith,

In addition to excellent feedback from jerlands:

1. Make sure the program actually ran (Program tab | Summary ... Last Runtime)

2. Make sure there are no comm errors (Admin Console | Login ... check whether or not you have any ! next to any of your devices)

3. To check your logs, you don't need to configure anything: Admin Console | Tools | Log

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks to both of you. Tonight, that event ran perfectly, and the log shows the details. The other day, the log showed nothing.

The only communications errors that show up are two devices that have legitimate issues. Neither involves this event.

Next time it screws up, I'll follow your advice in detail. I appreciate your suggestions.

Another suggestion is to put all of those device set commands and 'on levels' in a single scene, and only turn the scene on. The reason is that each of those set commands in the current program sends a message out to the switch, and and then the switch sends a confirmation back to the PLM confirming. If only one switch has to retry its confirmation for some reason (line noise), that retry could block the following set command on the powerline.

Also, to expand on jerlands comment on HS migration; if you had scenes in your devices under HS, I would delete and recreate them all from scratch using the ISY admin console. I migrated from HS too, and tried to have the ISY discover all of my scenes created under HS. I had some difficulties with that and ended up progressively recreating scenes function by function using the ISY.

Paul

Thanks to both of you. Tonight, that event ran perfectly, and the log shows the details. The other day, the log showed nothing.

The only communications errors that show up are two devices that have legitimate issues. Neither involves this event.

Next time it screws up, I'll follow your advice in detail. I appreciate your suggestions.

Archived