Insteon 8-button 2334 switch LED indicator lights keep going back to no light

Have the 8 key insteon 2334 switch. ISY program was set to LED brightness 7 for on and 0 for off.

For some reason it will work for a couple days or weeks and then the LED's no longer light. Go back in ISY and it has 0 for both on and off brightness. What would cause it to do this?

Of course it could be a defective KPL.

Another possibility is that one KPL button is set to 0/0.   Although each button can be set to a different value, setting any button changes ALL buttons, not just the that button.

Have the 8 key insteon 2334 switch. ISY program was set to LED brightness 7 for on and 0 for off.

For some reason it will work for a couple days or weeks and then the LED's no longer light. Go back in ISY and it has 0 for both on and off brightness. What would cause it to do this?

Try doing a factory reset on the KPL then restore device from the ISY.

If that doesn't fix the problem then as LeeG suggested you may have a defective KPL

Reset the switch.  How do I restore the switch using ISY?  I see the restore devices but it wants me to restore everything and it looks like I need to put everything in program mode.  Can I just put the KPL in program mode or is there something I am missing?

Archived