App billing structure

James Peterson

I know everybody loves free, but unfortunately time has to worth something.  I have been working on an app recently and I hope that anyone who uses it will be happy with my work.  I have recently start rolling around the idea of how to and how much to charge for an app like this.  I have come up with the following possibilities:

1) Free w/Paid additional features beyond basic Insteon controls as they are implemented.

2) Paid - Flat fee 

3) Paid - Flat fee for general app w/additional charge for extra features as theey are implemented.

4) Paid - Subscription

Suggestions?

What would you pay for specific features?

Would you pay at all?

James

I would pay and recommend

3) Paid - Flat fee for general app w/additional charge for extra features as theey are implemented.

Having participated in the beta, I know you have good ideas to add regularly and also work with input from the community.  I agree with the others that an initial free trial is important to allow users to see if it meets their needs

Paul

I think I have decided on a FREE app with basic functionality on initial download.  On first load the app with initial a 30day free trial of FULL features.  The free trial is going to depend on the market account so anyone with Android 6.0 or greater will have to allow Account/Contacts permissions to the app.  This will be requested on first load of any 6.0 and greater app.  During and after the 30day trial you will have the option to purchase the FULL version and other options.  I am also going to add an ALL ACCESS PASS purchase ability that will override any current and future new features so no individual purchases will be required if new paid features are released.  (There will be new features).

I hope this is satisfactory for all.  

I really wanted the free option to give everyone a chance to use it even if it is limited.

Archived