04-11-2016 6:15 AM EST the Portal appears to be down

rehills

Yes the portal appears down.

my.isy.io refuses to connect.

The admin console (after a reboot) appears very sluggish but no busy messages, I will assume it is busy with the non-responding portal.

Systems that interface to the ISY (e.g. my iPads) are working but very sluggish 4-5 seconds to do something such as turn on/off a light

switches work fine.

Alexa can not find any devices (logical as portal is down)

I suggest that when the portal is discovered to be down that an email be sent to every registered portal user apprising them of the fact with an estimate of restoration time.

I finally got rid of my Hue emulator setup and got the Echo/ISY integration through the ISY Portal working yesterday.  There was a short period of time yesterday afternoon where I believe the ISY Portal was down (Echo's response to commands was "That command doesn't work on device..."  Other than that I had everything working well yesterday evening.  

This AM Echo started responding again with the above error and lost the ability to discover devices.  I came here and found this thread.  It's good to know there is an outage and not an issue specific to me!

As of right now I am once again able to discover devices and the Echo seems to be responding normally.

Hello everyone,

We went through the logs and there were two instances of 100% CPU utilization and major network activity between 4:50 and 5:50 AM and then again 9:50 and 11:50 AM UTC. Upon checking the logs, they were both related to Amazon doing auto discovery. Upon further investigation, it turned out - for some reason - Amazon Auto discovery was going against non-existing accounts (should not happen) which caused an exception which was not caught. A fix has already been put in. We shall monitor closely and make sure everything is running smoothly.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello everyone,We went through the logs and there were two instances of 100% CPU utilization and major network activity between 4:50 and 5:50 AM and then again 9:50 and 11:50 AM UTC. Upon checking the logs, they were both related to Amazon doing auto discovery. Upon further investigation, it turned out - for some reason - Amazon Auto discovery was going against non-existing accounts (should not happen) which caused an exception which was not caught. A fix has already been put in. We shall monitor closely and make sure everything is running smoothly.Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.With kind regards,Michel

No worries! Thanks for being on top of it!

Hello all,

I am so very sorry for the trouble. For those of you have had this issue, can you tell me:

1. Was https://my.isy.iodown?

2. Was Echo down?

3. Do you use MobiLinc? If not, what app are you using?

We found incessant subscriptions to the portal and think that may have been the root cause. The only clients we know that currently subscribe are:

1. MobiLinc

2. Admin Console

3. eKeypad

4. Agave

Are you using any of the above? If so, how were they behaving?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello all,

I am so very sorry for the trouble. For those of you have had this issue, can you tell me:

1. Was https://my.isy.iodown?

2. Was Echo down?

3. Do you use MobiLinc? If not, what app are you using?

We found incessant subscriptions to the portal and think that may have been the root cause. The only clients we know that currently subscribe are:

1. MobiLinc

2. Admin Console

3. eKeypad

4. Agave

Are you using any of the above? If so, how were they behaving?

With kind regards,

Michel

1. Was https://my.isy.iodown?  <<-- No, initially ISY showed online then appeared offline after I attempted ISY Web Access

2. Was Echo down?  <<-- yes, for some reason rediscovered devices but all commands "sorry, that command doesn't work on device..."

3. Do you use MobiLinc? If not, what app are you using?  <<-- Yes

Jon...

1. Was https://my.isy.iodown?  <<-- No, initially ISY showed online then appeared offline after I attempted ISY Web Access

2. Was Echo down?  <<-- yes, for some reason rediscovered devices but all commands "sorry, that command doesn't work on device..."

3. Do you use MobiLinc? If not, what app are you using?  <<-- Yes

Jon...

Exactly as above ....

Hello all,

Thanks so very much! At the moment, something is making incessant subscription requests. We have put a temporary fix till we figure out why this is happening.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks for keep us in the loop :)

Jon...

Archived