Why must admin console be reinstalled after every Java update?

ahwman

I clear the JAVA cache and must always reinstall the Admin Console.

Same here.  I keep a folder with the jnlp files for the last few AC versions for quick reinstallation.  I often need to switch AC versions depending on whose ISY I'm logging into.  Having the recent versions handy makes the switch quick and painless for the most part.  I just need to find a way to script clearing the java cache on my MAC as the trip into the java prefs pane is the slowest part of the whole process.

-Xathros

EDIT: Google knows all.  From the command line on MAC or Windows:

javaws -uninstall

...and the cache is cleared in under 3 seconds.  A shell script with the above and an Automator app to call the script placed in the folder where I store the jnlp files.  All better now!

Same here.  I keep a folder with the jnlp files for the last few AC versions for quick reinstallation.  I often need to switch AC versions depending on whose ISY I'm logging into.  Having the recent versions handy makes the switch quick and painless for the most part.  I just need to find a way to script clearing the java cache on my MAC as the trip into the java prefs pane is the slowest part of the whole process.

-Xathros

EDIT: Google knows all.  From the command line on MAC or Windows:

javaws -uninstall

...and the cache is cleared in under 3 seconds.  A shell script with the above and an Automator app to call the script placed in the folder where I store the jnlp files.  All better now!

I also keep the most recent download of the Admin Console jnlp file. Double-click and back in operation.

Archived