XML Parse Error / Socket Open Failed messages when accessing ISY admin remotely

theringnebula

When I access ISY Admin Console from my house I have no problems. When I try to access remotely I get the following two errors:

XML Parse Error https://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX/desc

Socket Open Failed javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificate does not conform to algorithm constraints

I'm using self-signed certificates and I can access the ISY UDAjax website fine and I can also access my ISY using MobiLinc fine both remotely.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wes

I'm afraid I have nothing else to offer on this.  The only time I see the XML parse error is when the ISY is down, too busy or not yet fully booted. Since ML and UDAjax are working for you, I don't believe this is your problem.  Is your UI version the same as the firmware version in the ISY?  Maybe clear the java cache and reinstall the console?  Sorry, kinda shooting in the dark here.  I'm assuming you have added both the local and the remote version of the URL to the java security exceptions right?

-Xathros

I'm afraid I have nothing else to offer on this.  The only time I see the XML parse error is when the ISY is down, too busy or not yet fully booted. Since ML and UDAjax are working for you, I don't believe this is your problem.  Is your UI version the same as the firmware version in the ISY?

-Xathros

Yes I am running the latest release 4.4.6. I am also on a MacOS 10.11.4 and the latest Java. Right now I'm trying to access the admin console from the UDAjax screen. Is there some other way I can directly access it that might work better?

Yes I am running the latest release 4.4.6. I am also on a MacOS 10.11.4 and the latest Java. Right now I'm trying to access the admin console from the UDAjax screen. Is there some other way I can directly access it that might work better?

Yes!

Download and install the console is the recommended way.

Download the jnlp file here: http://isy.universal....4.6/admin.jnlp

Double click the downloaded file.  This will install an Icon on your desktop to connect to the ISY.

When you launch the console, If your local to the ISY, the ISY finder may fall behind the console.  Add your remote URL to the finder (You don't need to add the /desc part.)

Hope this helps.

-Xathros

Yes!

Download and install the console is the recommended way.

Download the jnlp file here: http://isy.universal....4.6/admin.jnlp

Double click the downloaded file.  This will install an Icon on your desktop to connect to the ISY.

When you launch the console, If your local to the ISY, the ISY finder may fall behind the console.  Add your remote URL to the finder (You don't need to add the /desc part.)

Hope this helps.

-Xathros

Yeah that is what I normally use but it will not work remotely... not matter what I put in for a URL it says not found. I've tried the direct IP and my DYNDNS.

Yeah that is what I normally use but it will not work remotely... not matter what I put in for a URL it says not found. I've tried the direct IP and my DYNDNS.

This sounds to me like your port forwarding may be the problem.

You said you are able to access UDAjax via the remote URL?

Another option is the ISY portal.  You can use a portal URL in the ISY finder in place of the direct IP or DynDNS.

-Xathros

You might also try connecting with the Dashboard when local and checking your SSL/TLS  settings.  Possibly something there given this message: Certificate does not conform to algorithm constraints

-Xathros

Hi theringnebula ,

Please DO NOT factory reset your ISY. If you can access your ISY remotely, then the only issues are:

1. You have bookmarked your ISY's IP address which is no longer the same

2. You are using Chrome which no longer supports the applet

What you need to do is:

1. Clear your Java cache

2. Go to http://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/admin.jnlp... use the ICON on your desktop

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi theringnebula ,

Please DO NOT factory reset your ISY. If you can access your ISY remotely, then the only issues are:

1. You have bookmarked your ISY's IP address which is no longer the same

2. You are using Chrome which no longer supports the applet

What you need to do is:

1. Clear your Java cache

2. Go to http://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/admin.jnlp... use the ICON on your desktop

With kind regards,

Michel

This is not the problem either. I do not use Chrome, I have cleared the Java cache several times and I can't get the desktop icon to work either.

What OS are you accessing your ISY from? There is a transition underway away from ciphers like SSL2 and SSL3 in favor of TLS1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.

Some older OSes have challenges accessing secure sites where the older ciphers are not supported.

I wanted to let everyone know that I fixed this issue. I suspect it was something wrong with my self signed certificate. At any rate I did end up completely resetting the ISY (don't worry I was planning on doing this anyway as I've recently reconfigured my whole house) and when I set everything back up it's now working like a charm.

Archived