Problem with 8 button switch and mutually exclusive mode

Hi gang,

I have an 8 button switch that I want to use to control my thermostat. It is connected to power, but does not control a load. Button A is used to turn the fan on/off, and B to toggle between Heat/Cool. Buttons C through H are used to control various heat scenes (Hold Warm, Run Program, Vacation, etc). I have set C through H as mutually exclusive. The LEDs work correctly, when I turn on one, the others turn off. However, the ISY99i Pro does not update the status correctly. I wrote some very simple programs to evaluate the status of the button. The program is true if the LED is on. Turn on a button, the program becomes true. Hit another button and the LED turns off, but the program remains true. What should happen is that I press a button, it's LED turns on and all the others turn off, and the corresponding programs should be true for the pressed button, and false for all of the others.

The lights are behaving correctly, but the programs are not. They will go true with a keypress, but will not go false when one of the other mutually exclusive buttons is pressed.

Any ideas?

Cheers

What are you using as the condition in the If section? Staus or Control? I suspect Control. For what you are trying to do you should check the Status of the button.

Edit: Sorry, my bad. I did not think enough about your problem. Mutually Exclusive does not report back to the ISY like you think...the ON command for the button you are pressing comes back, but the OFF command for the one going off doesn't.

Hi gang,

I have an 8 button switch that I want to use to control my thermostat. It is connected to power, but does not control a load. Button A is used to turn the fan on/off, and B to toggle between Heat/Cool. Buttons C through H are used to control various heat scenes (Hold Warm, Run Program, Vacation, etc). I have set C through H as mutually exclusive. The LEDs work correctly, when I turn on one, the others turn off. However, the ISY99i Pro does not update the status correctly. I wrote some very simple programs to evaluate the status of the button. The program is true if the LED is on. Turn on a button, the program becomes true. Hit another button and the LED turns off, but the program remains true. What should happen is that I press a button, it's LED turns on and all the others turn off, and the corresponding programs should be true for the pressed button, and false for all of the others.

The lights are behaving correctly, but the programs are not. They will go true with a keypress, but will not go false when one of the other mutually exclusive buttons is pressed.

Any ideas?

Cheers

What are you using as the condition in the If section? Staus or Control? I suspect Control. For what you are trying to do you should check the Status of the button.

Hi gang,

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi Ulrich,

The programs check the status of the buttons.

Cheers!

I realized my mistake and edited my post above. Sorry about that...

If you search on the forum here there are some good examples of how to set this up so it will work as you want. I can't locate one right now or I would post a link.

Thanks.

Hello to_lighter,

Would you mind posting your programs?

Basically what each of your button programs need to do, when that button is turned on, is to set all the other programs to False, by running the Else path of each program.

Thanks Darrell,

I was hoping that this could be done without a program (i.e. that the ISY would know that if a mutually exclusive button is turned on, then all of the other buttons in the mutually exclusive set must be off).

I will try the program route instead.

Can I suggest this as a future feature?

Cheers!

Archived