New PLM sending equivalent of ALL ON?

MarkJames

The Scene Fast Off does not get a response (normal) so not sure they are the issue.  No harm in trying that though.   The commands that I noted are Direct Fast Off to specific devices that are overlapping.

What I have are a series of programs that turn things off depending on flags that I've set.  So the programs will run every ten minutes or so and turn lights off, say, if it's light out and it's an outdoor light, or if it's dark out, nobody is home, and it's a closet or something like that.  

The main program calls a series of sub programs something like this

Run program ,<a>

Run program <b>

Run program <c>

then I have 

program <a>

turn off light 1 

turn off light 2

turn off light 3

program <b>

turn off light 4

turn off light 5

turn off light 6

program <c> - possible overlap here

turn off light 5

turn off light 6 

turn off light 7

turn off light 8

My understanding is that when ISY encounters a Run command in a program it starts that program running but doesn't wait for it to complete before executing the next line.  Correct me here if I'm wrong.  

If that's true then it could be that I'm setting a dozen or more programs running nearly simultaneously that are all turning off lights and possibly causing the collisions?

mark

All-Ons are not necessarily generated by a PLM - they can be mis-heard by devices as well (none actually transmitted, but a protocol collision cause the event to occur on some devices with no log entry present on the PLM).

We can either adjust programs to work around the issue (explained on the Wiki article) or replace devices with ones that ignore all-ons. This may not be about the PLM at all.

The wait is a good place to start. But analyze other programs that may be triggered from this program turning off scenes as well.

I think (hope) that the problem is solved.

The recent PLM swap I did was to a v9B that I had as a spare.  It caused a LOT of all-ons so I pulled it and replaced it with a 1617 v9E.

Turns out my wife saw the v9B sitting on the counter, thought it was a 2443 access point and plugged it in.  So I had 2 PLM's running - one of them the v9B.

Hopefully the problem goes away now.  Plus - on a bright note - the vendor (Aartech Canada) is swapping my 9B for a new 9E even though it's well out of warranty.  Kudos to them for going above and beyond.

mark

Archived