Can I purchase the app?

ArunGupta2014

Yes, you can purchase the app.  The billing is fully functional at this time.  

The 19.99 version will give you all the current access you currently had minus the flora,program/variable controls and portal.

The 99.99 version is a all in forever package.  You get everything that was in the free trial plus any new feature I add in the future.  Currently I plan on adding ELK, geofencing, iBeacon, and voice controls. These features will not be worked on until this next fall, but this package will add anything that ever gets added to the Agave app. 

I am in the process of setting up the website for this, but you can view the pricing at : http://www.agaveha.com/versions/

If you have further questions please ask them.  I tried to make the pricing as fare as possible in all options.  I am still open for suggestions.  

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. So does this mean that the $19.99 version will never get updated? For example, if you add support for more Z-Wave devices like locks, Aeon labs devices, GUI enhancements etc., which versions would get these updates?

Thanks,

Arun

Zwave and additional standard insteon devices will always be supported.  If you purchase the full version and I add more devices like that they will be supported.  

James,

Would you consider a family plan versus full price for each phone?

Currently that is not an option. The standard google in app billing that I have setup is not capable of accomplishing that. It would require external servers to handle the purchase data and I don't want to take on that task at this moment .

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

So, what is the reason for the monthly charge to access via the ISY Portal?

Cheers,

Alex

to be truly honest, I believe that access to the portal has value.  I understand that anyone who has portal access is already paying UDI to have that service available.  Unfortunately my app is not included that convenience.  I feel that being able to access the benefit of this resource via the Agave app or any other app has a value attached to it.

I have been a user of ISY for a while now and have watched more then a few apps come and go.  I myself self started working on an app multiple times and dropped it.  Each of these apps came and most went due to lack of continued development and interest.  A lot due to lack of features.  Others due to not financially beneficial to keep the app running with no return.  I intend on creating an app that will 1) help UDI and ISY become better 2) provide myself and others a convenience that was missing in the android area 3) continue to progress as time goes on.  In order to accomplish this, I have tried to value each and every part of my app (Agave).  I am willing to negotiate on the current pricing on a limited basis, but going forward after the 30day trial there will be a cost involved in using the app to make it beneficial for myself to continue work on the app.

I hope this clears up any confusion on why I am charging for the portal access or any other feature for the app.  I appreciate everyones help with creating this and I want to continue making a worthwhile app and that required time and interest.  

Currently that is not an option. The standard google in app billing that I have setup is not capable of accomplishing that. It would require external servers to handle the purchase data and I don't want to take on that task at this moment .

While I think you have a very good product and your support, as well as product development has been great, when you start talking about more then 1 person in a household it starts getting expensive.

Google is working on that very thing. It will be in a future release of the Play Store.

Here is a link to the news http://m.androidcentral.com/families-will-be-able-buy-android-apps-once-then-share-them?utm_content=buffer254cd&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I hope the link Gary posted helps you to reconsider the concept. This is a feature your competition offers.

While I think you have a very good product and your support, as well as product development has been great, when you start talking about more then 1 person in a household it starts getting expensive.

I hope the link Gary posted helps you to reconsider the concept. This is a feature your competition offers.

This is true.  But is only offered in the iOS side due to the apple store capabilities.  Once this feature is available via the google play store I will look into the options.  This is not a feature of competition, more a feature of the apple store.  

This is not a feature of competition, more a feature of the apple store.

What I meant by this comment is that when I purchased Mobilinc I only needed to purchase it once (Android) and was able to use it on family phones. This makes a substantial difference in $ for a family.

What I meant by this comment is that when I purchased Mobilinc I only needed to purchase it once (Android) and was able to use it on family phones. This makes a substantial difference in $ for a family.

Where are you purchasing it? Is it Google Play?

I also use mobilinc on android and they will give you an apk and license code if you call them and tell them you need for another family member. They will confirm your play purchase and send you an email with details. You won't get updates as you would with the play store version but that doesn't happen often. I think they show up to five installs on one license.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Where are you purchasing it? Is it Google Play?

Yes, you need to purchase it directly thru them, or at least that's the way it was when I purchased it about 3 years ago. I think at the time I was able to purchase it from their web store. The app lets you know when there is an update and you them download the update.

I don't remember the cost off hand, but it was not nearly the full cost of buying the app twice (myself and my wife).

Dennis

Hi Dennis (and all other's reading),

Because of Google's lack of Family friendly sharing options, we developed a separate non-play store version of MobiLinc we can give you that's good for up to 5 installs on any of your Android devices including Amazon Fire tablets. Please email us your Google Play store email receipt and we'll send you the APK and key to use. Please email: support@mobilinc.com

Wes

Hi Dennis (and all other's reading),

Because of Google's lack of Family friendly sharing options, we developed a separate non-play store version of MobiLinc we can give you that's good for up to 5 installs on any of your Android devices including Amazon Fire tablets. Please email us your Google Play store email receipt and we'll send you the APK and key to use. Please email: support@mobilinc.com

Wes

Hi Wes,

You have already done this for me and I think it is a big plus for Mobilinc to offer this.

Thank you.

Dennis

to be truly honest, I believe that access to the portal has value.  I understand that anyone who has portal access is already paying UDI to have that service available.  Unfortunately my app is not included that convenience.  I feel that being able to access the benefit of this resource via the Agave app or any other app has a value attached to it.

I have been a user of ISY for a while now and have watched more then a few apps come and go.  I myself self started working on an app multiple times and dropped it.  Each of these apps came and most went due to lack of continued development and interest.  A lot due to lack of features.  Others due to not financially beneficial to keep the app running with no return.  I intend on creating an app that will 1) help UDI and ISY become better 2) provide myself and others a convenience that was missing in the android area 3) continue to progress as time goes on.  In order to accomplish this, I have tried to value each and every part of my app (Agave).  I am willing to negotiate on the current pricing on a limited basis, but going forward after the 30day trial there will be a cost involved in using the app to make it beneficial for myself to continue work on the app.

I hope this clears up any confusion on why I am charging for the portal access or any other feature for the app.  I appreciate everyones help with creating this and I want to continue making a worthwhile app and that required time and interest.  

This may be an ignorant statement that I need educating about -- feel free to educate me.

I don't see the difference from the app side of things whether it connects directly to an ISY (or across the internet to an ISY) versus connecting to the portal.  While it is true a person receives convenience with connecting via the portal, it seems strange to have a monthly fee associated on the app side of things with "how" it connects to the ISY when it isn't clear that the app required lots of extra programming or something special to support the portal functionality.  UDI added functionality and benefits in creating a portal and has extra costs to support it so I get their fee.  If the app has some on-going associated costs (like maintaining a server) it could make sense to have a fee.  If it doesn't, then you could arbitrarily pick any feature of the app and charge a monthly fee for it.

To me, who is a newbie admittedly, a fee based on just "how" it connects is weird.  If anything were charged for connecting via the portal, then it seems like a one-time fee for portal support would be more palatable than a ongoing monthly fee. 

Don't take this post as negative, I'm just providing food for thought.  I think it's great to have another app to choose from.  I think people should be compensated for their efforts.  I'm just giving my opinion of how this particular piece of the pricing strikes me as a potential customer.  I have not installed the app or tried it so take this for what its worth.

This may be an ignorant statement that I need educating about -- feel free to educate me.

I don't see the difference from the app side of things whether it connects directly to an ISY (or across the internet to an ISY) versus connecting to the portal. While it is true a person receives convenience with connecting via the portal, it seems strange to have a monthly fee associated on the app side of things with "how" it connects to the ISY when it isn't clear that the app required lots of extra programming or something special to support the portal functionality. UDI added functionality and benefits in creating a portal and has extra costs to support it so I get their fee. If the app has some on-going associated costs (like maintaining a server) it could make sense to have a fee. If it doesn't, then you could arbitrarily pick any feature of the app and charge a monthly fee for it.

To me, who is a newbie admittedly, a fee based on just "how" it connects is weird. If anything were charged for connecting via the portal, then it seems like a one-time fee for portal support would be more palatable than a ongoing monthly fee.

Don't take this post as negative, I'm just providing food for thought. I think it's great to have another app to choose from. I think people should be compensated for their efforts. I'm just giving my opinion of how this particular piece of the pricing strikes me as a potential customer. I have not installed the app or tried it so take this for what its worth.

I agree, this is very inappropriate charge! If it was 2.50 a year, I'd close my eye, but ANY mostly fee for something that has nothing to do with the app is a NO NO

Cheers,

Alex

I agree, this is very inappropriate charge! If it was 2.50 a year, I'd close my eye, but ANY mostly fee for something that has nothing to do with the app is a NO NO

Cheers,

Alex

That is where I disagree. The portal itself is unrelated to the app, and I offer 2 connections to your ISY outside of this. The portal offers an API that my app can access and process events through in case you do not have the ability to setup external access to your ISY through your router. To do this my app has the ability to connect to either the portal or locally depending on two separate sets of credentials stored. In total if all are used, gives you three access points to your ISY, per profile, per user.

If you do not see any value in having access through the portal via an app then I can understand why you would feel that a charge is out of line. The portal without access through my app is still the portal. I just offer the convenience of use though a mobile app.

I may be swayed to change the pricing structure, but there will be a cost for this access. I have spend a tremendous amount of time developing a worthwhile android app and I feel my efforts should be rewarded.

FWIW - took me about 1 hour to add ISY Portal support to my app. I didn't feel it warranted charging extra.

However, I felt so strongly that I wanted to help this effort out that I purchased 'All Access' - so I don't have to worry about it.. :)

Count me in as someone who finds the idea of paying extra for Portal access perplexing. To my knowledge, this is the only app on the market that charges extra for this feature.

I'm a little behind on my google play store market searches. Can you provide the links to the various other apps that provide ISY portal access feature?

Paul

Archived