Can I purchase the app?

ArunGupta2014

I'm a little behind on my google play store market searches. Can you provide the links to the various other apps that provide ISY portal access feature?

Paul

Two that I know for sure provide Portal access are MobiLinc Pro, and Michael's Home Alarm app that he referred to in the post above yours:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobileintegratedsolutions.mobilinc.pro&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wareman.ha&hl=en

So, even after paying $99 per device, you still have to pay $2.50/month for UDI Portal access?  In addition to paying UDI to access the portal?  Doesn't make sense to have an ongoing cost because the ongoing cost of the UDI portal is borne by UD because they are hosting the server to maintain this.  (Unless UDI is charging a license fee for API access).  At $2.50/month, this is more than what UDI charges each ISY owner ($49 for 2 years)

I am interested in supporting the development of an improved option for accessing the ISY... but this feels like an over-reach.  I understand that many developers are moving to a subscription (software as a service) model... but if you are charging a one-time license fee, why would you break out one feature and use a subscription model?

So, even after paying $99 per device, you still have to pay $2.50/month for UDI Portal access?  In addition to paying UDI to access the portal?  Doesn't make sense to have an ongoing cost because the ongoing cost of the UDI portal is borne by UD because they are hosting the server to maintain this.  (Unless UDI is charging a license fee for API access).  At $2.50/month, this is more than what UDI charges each ISY owner ($49 for 2 years)

I am interested in supporting the development of an improved option for accessing the ISY... but this feels like an over-reach.  I understand that many developers are moving to a subscription (software as a service) model... but if you are charging a one-time license fee, why would you break out one feature and use a subscription model?

No, the $99 version does not require the portal charge.  It is an all encompassing version that will include all current features and all future features.  

Excellent.  This makes me feel much better.

I hope that this product is successful and really improves the user interface for the ISY.

No, the $99 version does not require the portal charge.  It is an all encompassing version that will include all current features and all future features.  

I thought Mobilinc at $19.99 was not cheap - @99.99 OUCH.

There is a $19.99 version as well.  With mobilinc you still have to pay for additional features and addons if they ever arrive.  For example mobilics most expensive addon costs $199.99.  Well over the cost of my current $99.99 version.  The additional addons still exists for this app and will be adding many more this fall and next year.  The $99.99 version is an all in once purchase.  You will never have to purchase an additional addon or feature with this option.  

I don't think $99 is unreasonable for an all-in-one solution that supports Portal access, ELK, IP cameras, etc ... 

much appreciated

I am trying to create levels of access that are acceptable to most people and their situations. Whatever access level you choose helps the cause of making a better app.   The more support I get for the app, the sooner I'll be able to acquire, devices like the ELK system and more modules for testing.  

I will eventually be adding a trial bump that will add extended trials every time I add a new feature so that you will be able to test without having to purchase right away.  

I want to be fare to everyone and I believe starting with 30 days free was a big step in doing that.  

Archived